The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   It's a PBC World and I'm just living in it (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153052)

GrillsGoneWild 02-03-2013 03:54 PM

It's a PBC World and I'm just living in it

With all these PBC threads and yummy looking BBQ, I might have to consider a purchase. Dang it...just what I need...another pit...

Pitmaster T 02-03-2013 04:00 PM

From what I heard last night, Phil says the PBC makes this great chicken like Kenny Rogers Roasted Chicken. That was good stuff when I was in Connecticut.

Smokin' D 02-03-2013 04:13 PM

I have a ring made from an extra barrel that was just hanging around. Made it to hold a rotisserie but a few extra holes and some re-bar just may be in our future. Can't fit another cooker in at the homestead, so simple modifications and multi purposing are all I can do.

Vision 02-03-2013 04:15 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not buying one. Ever.

Smokin' D 02-03-2013 04:21 PM

Not tempted to buy one either, but holes and re-bar are pretty cheap.

Bluesman 02-03-2013 04:21 PM

I have a brand new design for a, uh drum, I mean, PBC.......er kettle cooker. Stay tuned for more information.............:becky:

charrederhead 02-03-2013 06:31 PM

Ok, I think I've read all the PBC wars, er, threads.

Does it have just the one intake hole, and 4 holes for the rebar? A barrel, a top, 5 holes, 2 sticks of rebar and some hooks?

Ron_L 02-03-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charrederhead (Post 2353522)

Does it have just the one intake hole, and 4 holes for the rebar? A barrel, a top, 5 holes, 2 sticks of rebar and some hooks?

and a grate if needed.

Oh yeah, and a charcoal basket

Freddy j 02-03-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charrederhead (Post 2353522)

You can see all of the included gear in the picture right on the homepage http://pitbarrelcooker.com/

And I gotta say kudos to Noah at PBS, co. He's got EVERYONE on this forum talking about his product! Well done Noah & Patio! You've made pitbarrel cookers a household name on the brethren!

16Adams 02-03-2013 06:59 PM

I've got a PBC. Love it. In the few days I've had it on the porch its produced two chickens, jumbo shrimp, spares, a picnic and a fatty. During any given day I get a ton of forwarded emails to "buy American" and "support the troops". For the price of a trip to the Sushi bar and a tank of gas in the Suburban, I did both. And I got a cool piece of equipment doing it. Belittling and making fun quit being cool between 5th and 6th grade.

charrederhead 02-03-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 2353562)
I've got a PBC. Love it. In the few days I've had it on the porch its produced two chickens, jumbo shrimp, spares, a picnic and a fatty. During any given day I get a ton of forwarded emails to "buy American" and "support the troops". For the price of a trip to the Sushi bar and a tank of gas in the Suburban, I did both. And I got a cool piece of equipment doing it. Belittling and making fun quit being cool between 5th and 6th grade.

I hope this isn't a reference to my post above.

hav 02-03-2013 07:17 PM

I just don't get it. Hanging the food in a UDS, same result, no? Maybe I am just not meant to get it. Whatever. No, wait, chicken, chicken only, I can see. Dark meat closer to the fire, but ribs, brisket or pulled pork, needs a grate man. Again, maybe I just WON'T get it.

:mad2: [Flame Suit On] :mad2:

Smokin' D 02-03-2013 07:17 PM

I'm not makin' fun or belittling anyone, and hope it didn't come off that way. Thing is I already have 11 cookers and certainly do not need another no matter what it may be. Just saying that a couple of holes drilled into an existing collar and some 24" re-bar is pretty cheap. prolly won't do it though as the fat-in-the-fire taste is not for me and my family. Glad everyone is happy with their new toys though.

Freddy j 02-03-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 16Adams (Post 2353562)

Great post! How did the shrimp come out?

16Adams 02-03-2013 07:48 PM

Shrimp were fantastic. Hit them with some lime, jalapeno dusting salt, then wrapped in a corn tortilla with guacamole and pico. Outstanding. I have a poster of Albert Einstein hanging in my garage. Everyone asks "why"? It's because the damn thing makes me smile. Same thing with the cookers in my signature.