• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket reheating Advice

R

ryneb

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, so I apologize. I'm going to be making a brisket this weekend since we are doing an early fathers day. Rather than stay up all night and be a zombie on Sunday I want to smoke it before hand and then just reheat it that day. So my question is whats the best way to do this? Should I leave it whole or slice it and then refrigerate it? And then whats the best way to reheat it the next day? Thanks!
Ryne

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, so I apologize. I'm going to be making a brisket this weekend since we are doing an early fathers day. Rather than stay up all night and be a zombie on Sunday I want to smoke it before hand and then just reheat it that day. So my question is whats the best way to do this? Should I leave it whole or slice it and then refrigerate it? And then whats the best way to reheat it the next day? Thanks!
Ryne

Definitely leave it whole. Once the brisket is done let it rest and cool down to room temp and then into the fridge uncovered... I put it on a cooling rack for good air circulation. Getting the brisket quickly cooled down is important.

The next day for a small portion I carve a few slices and nuke in a microwave for 2 minutes covered with a tablespoon of liquid.

For a party I'll put the brisket on a cooling rack and into a 1/2 alum pan, 1/2 cup of liquid, insert a polder probe, cover tight with foil, and then into a 350* oven until it reaches 165* internal temp.... carve and serve

Que just doesn't belong in a microwave.
So here's another option: Rest as usual, slice or not. Vacuum seal in bag (2 seals on each end). Dunk in cold water to cool, if needed. Refrigerate or freezer. Reheat by placing unopened bag in pot of simmering water. simmer till hot.

Slice it then put it andn the juices in the crock pot freeze and or refrigerate. Then put meat and juices in a crock pot. MMMMM MMMM

Back