The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cattle Call !!! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hello from Tacoma, WA (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284016)

Kracken 07-28-2020 05:25 PM

Hello from Tacoma, WA

I have always been a fan of fire, I come from a ceramics background and worked in sales and repairs, I know my way around refractories and the firing of japanese wood kilns for ceramics. We would split 5 cords of wood for a single 5day firing of round the clock 2300F temps, then seal her up and wait a week for temps to drop down to 100F or so. So in essence similar to bbq, just on a different scale. My family recently moved into our new home with a bit o space, so I can finally grill outside. I found a weber 18in kettle that had been used 4 times by the previous owner that came with all imaginable goodies for 60$, then I picked up a WSM 18in for 200$ that had never been fired up, it just sat unused in the previous owners garage. I am tired of the mediocre local takeout bbq, so I am happy now to learn how to make my own. So far I have seasoned my WSM with a load of bacon, and tried my hand at my first bone in pork butt, all in all so far so good. I look forward to learning from all of you.

I would share some pictures, but I dont have the ability yet.:doh:

BillN 07-28-2020 06:06 PM

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Kracken 07-28-2020 08:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here we go, my first bone in pork butt.

Titch 07-29-2020 03:39 PM

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

cowgirl 07-29-2020 06:56 PM

Looks great! Welcome to the forum.

ShadowDriver 07-29-2020 10:10 PM

Welocme! You've come to the right place.

Great looking cook, and some refreshing Ranier Beer!

Slap those photos in a thread over in Q-Talk, and you'll get plenty of banter.

Thanks for joining up. I think you'll like it here.

scilover 07-30-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracken (Post 4355681)
I have always been a fan of fire, I come from a ceramics background and worked in sales and repairs, I know my way around refractories and the firing of japanese wood kilns for ceramics. We would split 5 cords of wood for a single 5day firing of round the clock 2300F temps, then seal her up and wait a week for temps to drop down to 100F or so. So in essence similar to bbq, just on a different scale. My family recently moved into our new home with a bit o space, so I can finally grill outside. I found a weber 18in kettle that had been used 4 times by the previous owner that came with all imaginable goodies for 60$, then I picked up a WSM 18in for 200$ that had never been fired up, it just sat unused in the previous owners garage. I am tired of the mediocre local takeout bbq, so I am happy now to learn how to make my own. So far I have seasoned my WSM with a load of bacon, and tried my hand at my first bone in pork butt, all in all so far so good. I look forward to learning from all of you.

I would share some pictures, but I dont have the ability yet.:doh:

Share some picture soon or later. Would love to see that

Fire and Ice 08-04-2020 02:07 PM

Welcome home

scilover 08-06-2020 11:12 AM

hi and welcome man !!!