The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Foil Hat Rub (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103989)

colonel00 01-17-2012 04:57 PM

Which one is Guerry?

http://estergoldberg.typepad.com/.a/...6107970b-500wi

gtr 01-17-2012 05:04 PM

^^^that's what you call a target-rich environment.

---k--- 01-17-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 1917565)
I ordered the stuff I need to make it last night. When it gets here, it's on! :clap2:

So, you ordered enough stuff to make like 5# right? You interested in vac sealing a bag or two up and shipping it this way? I'm sure we could work something out.

gtr 01-17-2012 10:20 PM

^^^I should have everything to make it this weekend & I'll holler - if you don't hear from me by Mon. or Tues. PM me. :thumb:

Ashmont 04-17-2012 10:02 AM

I am here to say you can ost to old threads... Just be cautios and add content.

gtr 04-17-2012 10:21 AM

I've been meaning to post about foil hat rub, but I'm a lazy bastige. I made some up a while back. I gotta say it's pretty amazing. Whatever I use it on, my thought isn't "this rub is amazing", it's more like "this (chicken/steak/pork chop etc.) is amazing". It seems to truly enhance the flavor of what it is you're cooking/eating without taking over the dish.

Biggy, I have no idea how you came up with this stuff, it must have taken a lot of time and effort, but it really is fantastic. I'll never be without it. Thanks for putting up the recipe :clap2: (not to mention your other amazing contributions to Qtalk - now WP, that's another matter entirely :tsk:)

Anybody who hasn't checked Foil Hat out should make a batch - you'll be glad you did. :hungry:

deguerre 04-17-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashmont (Post 2018636)
I am here to say you can ost to old threads... Just be cautios and add content.

I wondered how you were able to do this so I tried again. Wouldn't happen. Then...

I scrolled down a little further.:doh:

1FUNVET 04-17-2012 10:44 AM

It's become my favorite all purpose rub. Tastes a little different on popcorn though. :-P

Gore 04-17-2012 10:59 AM

It is my and my family's favorite. The only thing they don't prefer it on is salmon.

---k--- 04-17-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 1918246)
^^^I should have everything to make it this weekend & I'll holler - if you don't hear from me by Mon. or Tues. PM me. :thumb:

Fark. I never heard from you and I never chased you down. :doh: A missed opportunity.

This is still on my list of things to try. Got the recipe saved separately in a special place. Having to brave the traffic and people at Whole Foods is probably my biggest issue. I am curious about the 1part X-Hot Barker New Mexico Chile Powder. You say this isn't hot. My wife doesn't like ANY heat. I'm tempted to substitute something a little more mild...

Life would be so much simpler if you could convince one of our brethren who is already selling rubs to get this packaged up for you. How much more work could it be. :crazy: I would try it.

gtr 04-17-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ---k--- (Post 2018733)
Fark. I never heard from you and I never chased you down. :doh: A missed opportunity.

This is still on my list of things to try. Got the recipe saved separately in a special place. Having to brave the traffic and people at Whole Foods is probably my biggest issue. I am curious about the 1part X-Hot Barker New Mexico Chile Powder. You say this isn't hot. My wife doesn't like ANY heat. I'm tempted to substitute something a little more mild...

Life would be so much simpler if you could convince one of our brethren who is already selling rubs to get this packaged up for you. How much more work could it be. :crazy: I would try it.

Not a missed opportunity. Gimme a holler! :thumb:

colonel00 04-17-2012 11:27 AM

I need 50 dollars to make you holler, I get paid to do the wild thing.

^^^:tsk: Why is that still taking up vital space in my brain?

Ashmont 04-17-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 2018752)
Not a missed opportunity. Gimme a holler! :thumb:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Steph

bigabyte 04-17-2012 11:30 AM

While that chile powder is on the hot side, the final rub is very mild. My wife is very sensitive to heat, and is in fact allergic to many varieties of peppers. She has no problem at all with this rub. In case that helps.

landarc 04-17-2012 12:02 PM

I think Chris should repost all of the Mad BBQ Scientist experiments that lead to this rub, and all of the research and finding detailing the individual ingredients.