Not Q, but damn good comfort food! Pics included

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My original plan was to smoke these, but as chit happens, I wound up browning them off in the fry pan and braised with some noodles. My mother used to make this when I was growing up......I haven't had these in more than 30 years prepared like this. They were absolutely delicious, and it brought back a lot of memories. Both of the folks passed over 30 years ago, so great memories! Oh, just in case you can't tell, these are Braised Beef Shortribs and Noodles.
BraisedShortRibs002_zps22859349.jpg

BraisedShortRibs003_zpsb714ceb1.jpg

BraisedShortRibs005_zps3c2a78aa.jpg

BraisedShortRibs009_zps4df968b5.jpg

BraisedShortRibs011_zps14daafe2.jpg

I ate 2 bowls full and still wanted more......just too too good.

Thanks for looking!

KC

ooooh, that looks so good. my wife makes something like that but i think its time to remind her its been so long.

Well, we're going to need a lot more info here. Looks fabulous and I would love to make some this weekend!

Ok, here's a bit more detail............
I originally seasoned these up with with some SM season all , SM Pecan and some Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Dust, tossed them in a large ziplock for the next days cook. Well, life got in the way so they sat in fridge for a couple days and they needed to be cooked sooo........

I browned them off nicely in the fry pan, pulled them out and saute'd up a coarsley chopped onion in the remaining oil, tossed the short ribs back in, covered all that in beef broth and let them simmer until fork tender, I'm guessing 3.5-4 hours, It's like 11:00 at night at this point. Those then went into the fridge to wait yet another night. I took the hard fat off the top of the broth at that point and reheated on the stovetop. Pulled the short ribs out and held in the oven while I cooked up the noodles in the broth. Then I added just a little corn starch just to tighten it up a little, not to make gravy, but just enough to help it coat the noodles nicely. Dished it up and ate!

I was gonna have a nice salad and some corn on the cob with it, but in the end ate it "as is", no sides and darn near gorged myself. Came out very good.

Hope you try it out.......and if you don't have those particular seasonings, I think my mom just used good ol' salt, pepper and garlic and it was always great!

Let me know if you try it, and how it turns out.

KC

I want some now. Now if only I can find a store that's open to get the short ribs. Great lookin food.

Made some beef stroganoff a couple days ago similar to this.
Yours looks awesome but I added a can of mushroom soup along with a can of mushrooms.
I will definately try my next batch with beef short ribs.

Here is where I snagged my recipe from via Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOfPRntNfzQ

Back