The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Funkotorium Event Trailer - Built IT (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79901)

barbefunkoramaque 03-07-2010 11:52 AM

Funkotorium Event Trailer - Built IT

How to Take This
Attachment 38264

To This
Attachment 38265

To This
Attachment 38266

To This
Attachment 38267

Into something like This
Attachment 38268

Funk Phase I - Rail and Support System for Smoker

Funk Phase II - Wall Installation

Funk Phase III - Adding a Winch Base

Funk Phase IV - Meat Mama 3000 and Funk Winched together

Funk Phase V - Countertops and Appliances

Funk Phase VI - Ceiling Repairs

Funk Phase VII - Plumbing

Funk Phase VIII - Gas Added - Log Lighter Test Stack Hook Up

Funk Phase IX- Gas Assist Added

Funk Phase X - The Demise of the Great Funkotorium

Mo-Dave 03-07-2010 12:07 PM

You sir are indeed a man of many talents.
Dave

bigabyte 03-07-2010 12:10 PM

Any chance of a "Return of the Funkatorium"?

sdb25 03-07-2010 12:25 PM

That is a sweet contraption!

barbefunkoramaque 03-07-2010 12:32 PM

The Trailer cost me $500. I welded and installed considerably more than that in it and it was ready to paint. Nothing I had made before allowed for me to go to an event and make cue BUT also be able to comfortably monitor everything and watch the tube and be hooked up to the internet and stuff in the back PLUS it had a ****ter and a shower.

I Took it to one event once!!!! It is a great feeling to prep all the meals for smokeing, then get it on and smoked started, then shower **** and shave, then goof around the event, swim and what not, then be all fresh for the slicing.

Ahh to get a nap in the heat of the day. WIFE LOVED IT !!!! BECAUSE No mess ever in the kitchen. In fact, she would always say... hey make such and such on that contraption of yours... no smell in the house, no garbage, and only the dishes we ate on.

Of course when I moved two things affected the decision. $1500 to move it, and maybe $2400 to store it for two years until I get my Teacher's Certification. Sure I can now store it at the church but I did not know that then.

One day I will build another and much faster for two reasons. One is Time... as a teacher I will have more time than the 60 hours I wokred at my odl job, second, the kids are older... i built that during the naps of my kids because my wife worked on sundays, plus the weather.... Texas has much milder weather, plus finally I know what I am doing. It was suppose to have a pig smoker that could beb ramped on as well... thats why I designed the ramp system... I could take either the Meat Mama 3000 to an event or my Pig Smoker (275 Oil Tank).

I sure miss it though. My lease is up in December and I plan to move to a house where I coudl store something like this in back.

barbefunkoramaque 03-07-2010 12:34 PM

My Neighbor, who i gave this to, drives his four wheeler up on the deck when he goes camping. LOL. Sure it has a huge kitchen but he has a queen bed in back and the big sink came with me.... so he has a table there.

He still writes me that one a crisp day.... he still smells the smoke... says its lovely

Mo-Dave 03-07-2010 12:35 PM

Sounds like a Man Cave on wheels.
Dave

The BBQ QB 03-07-2010 01:05 PM

That's a greart story/history.

I've got to dig deeper into the old threads, but it's hard enough to just keep up with the front page.

Mike D

justjack 03-07-2010 05:49 PM

Mate, could you just cease and desist with the vids please?

I've only got a small data limit.

If you keep putting up more I'll never get to see them all. :)

Love your work.

barbefunkoramaque 03-07-2010 10:16 PM

thanks

Paulmark 03-07-2010 11:25 PM

Fark!! I hate sad endings! You've mega skills dude..the best thing I watched on Sunday nite, untill the ending...Great show, thanks a bunch...got some ribs going your style, thanks for that too.

Vince B 03-07-2010 11:32 PM

Will be DOT approved? With you removing the front of the trailer I have to question it. Just a thought. Looks cool! Vince

btcg 03-08-2010 06:33 AM

It's sad that you couldn't finish, but it may be a blessing in disguise.

It was too close to the trailer, and that, along with the wooden deck/floor, made it a fire hazard. If someone was in the trailer and it started on fire, they could be killed easily.

Vince B 03-08-2010 07:10 AM

By looking at the rest of the links you posted I see that the project ended a couple years ago. Rip Funkotorium Event Trailer .

barbefunkoramaque 03-08-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince B (Post 1208112)
Will be DOT approved? With you removing the front of the trailer I have to question it. Just a thought. Looks cool! Vince

I can only tell you what the DOT in Weatherfield Connecticut said.

Two Officers Inspected it.

"Oh Jesus This Trailer smells like Jack Daniels and BBQ Inside!"

"If I had one of these I'd never go in the house."

The trailer passed with flying colors and the Tongue weight was heavy but within limits and I never noticed any ill affect on steering geometry. Better heavy than light.