***Sayville food drive 2008***

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
With the success of last years food drive we will doing it again this year. Last years thread

My pitch from last year :
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

After every contest, we usually have a lot of meat leftover. We all know that after a long weekend of hard work, that this extra meat is either given away, or wasted. For the contest in Sayville, I figured out an alternative to this. I have contacted Island Harvest, a local not-for-profit organization that contributes to the needy.
They said that they would come to Sayville to pick up the extra meat and distribute it to those in need.
Please visit their website at www.islandharvest.org for more information about them.
In addition, I will have a box set up to collect can goods and such for this organization at my spot all weekend. Please tell your family and friends to please bring a non-perishable item. With the holidays approaching, I figured this was a great opportunity to make a small contribution in true
Brethren fashion.
All teams interested in donating any extra competition food, please let me know.
Thank you for your help!!
Steve

The meat will be going to Island Harvest (drop off location and time to announced at the cooks meeting)
The canned goods will be going to the Sayville Food Pantry (can be dropped off at my site all weekend or at a central location TBA)

Last edited:
Glad to see this happening again this year. We'll be more than happy to help out.

Mike

Can we bring canned goods for the food drive?

We will contribute and are telling our guests to bring canned goods (and beer :mrgreen:) when they visit.

Yep, I'm telling my friends (both of them) that I'll feed them, but they have to feed someone else.

We also need some carboard boxes for the canned non perishable items

We are Ok on boxes. I understand for many it is a "hometown" contest and you will be having more family and friends than typically at a contest as will I. If you are so inclined a few folks last year just threw on an extra butt or two for the donation so that they could satisfy both needs. Thanks in advance

Thank You to all who contributed yesterday. I had put out a table for teams to put the meat on and when I went back to get it after awards it was gone. Did anybody take it by accident?

Dang.

Sled, after I saw the Island Harvest guys pick the food up, I was going to have my son bring the table back to you.

Next time I saw my son the table was gone and I figured you had grabbed it.

Back