Brisket on a Lang?

Gerrit_Boys

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We are entered in a local Brisket cookoff for our State Fair this weekend. My dad bought a Lang 84d and I'm planning on using that for cooking only brisket. Turn in is at 4 pm and I believe we'll be cooking 8 briskets. Lang guys, is there a particular temp I should shoot for and perhaps a timeline? I was kinda planning on starting early in the morning. I've cooked on this a couple of times but not enough to know what I'm really doing. I can pretty much control the temp if I know what to shoot for. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!

235 for twelve hours is our norm or 300 for 7. Try wrapping them around 150 internal temp or just let em go and let the lang punch the flavor into it. As long as the fire is good and clean either method turns out great.good luck and have a largetime in the process.

I like 225 in the nose of the lang away from firebox. I only cook whole packers (12 to 14 lb.s) 14 to 18 hours. let rest at least 1 hour. Can let cooler for 3hours. I burn hickory and cherry.

250 here, usually 9.5 hours+-, 15-17lb packers. I do foil about that 5th hour. Off and rest for 1 hour.

I have only cooked brisket on a Lang once but it finished well. We went 245 for the temp, wrapped it once the color was right and bark was set and it went about 12 hours total cook.

Cant cook brisket on a lang at any temp, might as well get a UDS:crazy:

Well, we cooked around 250. There were 8 flats and 1 packer. We ended up 2nd in the judged portion and were the people's choice winner. I'm going to practice some more on this cooker and maybe take it to the Royal.

Back