The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Someone is gonna yell at me for this purchase (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27371)

Diamond D'z 05-22-2007 03:18 PM

Someone is gonna yell at me for this purchase

:-P Well I do enjoy slow and low all wood smoked ribs, brisket and butt......BUTT I did purchase the La Caja China today just because I love cracklin, cuban food & filipino food. the La Caja can cook a 70lb pig in less than 4 hrs and the skin is CRISPY.....Hey I am not trying to get off subject here but I think it will bring me some ethnic versatility to my arsenal.....ok now bash me people.........:eusa_clap

Markbb 05-22-2007 03:25 PM

caja

Congratulations:-d

tony76248 05-22-2007 03:58 PM

Nice choice, are you currently raising a little piglet to cook?

Napper 05-22-2007 04:51 PM

Post some detailed photos so all of us "cheapsters" can build our own!

Ha!

Diamond D'z 05-22-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony76248 (Post 398582)
Nice choice, are you currently raising a little piglet to cook?

Naw however my cousin has a lil pot belly pig, I guess when it croaks we'll have to try it:rolleyes:

JamesB 05-22-2007 04:55 PM

Heck, I enjoy all kinds of cooking... indoors and out... low n slow, hot'n fast etc... Enjoy the new cook'n contraption and post pics of that thing in action as well as the results...

James.

big brother smoke 05-22-2007 04:55 PM

Ds:

I can think you make the fouth brother this week to make this purchase, present company included!

BTW: Let her yell! Did she not lose your digital camera?:twisted:

edit: you can get a smoke injector or pistol also.

thirdeye 05-22-2007 05:08 PM

The presentation of a whole pig is really hard to beat, but after seeing the Flay show where he had the throwdown with the dude from La Caja China I was impressed with the butts they cooked.

When picnics are on sale for $.99, 4 or 5 of those and a couple of turkeys would make for a major mojo party. I would love to own one but it's too damn windy in Wyoming. I might burn the house down with that much charcoal out in the open. They need a screen spark arrestor mod.

SmokeInDaEye 05-22-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napper (Post 398599)
Post some detailed photos so all of us "cheapsters" can build our own!

Ha!

Tons of pix here. I've enjoyed mine and recently tried shoulders for the first time. They were good (sliced pork), but with some mods to the cooking instructions, it could be great (pulled pork).

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...light=squirrel

big brother smoke 05-22-2007 06:32 PM

Question: I am cooking a pig in a couple of weeks and I need the head attached. Problem?

sterlingsmoker 05-22-2007 06:34 PM

I have yet to put mine together..

big brother smoke 05-22-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingsmoker (Post 398662)
I have yet to put mine together..

What are you waiting on:biggrin:

The Pigman 05-22-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big brother smoke (Post 398660)
Question: I am cooking a pig in a couple of weeks and I need the head attached. Problem?

Leave head on and tounge in.........

Napper 05-22-2007 08:30 PM

Thanks for the photo link! I missed it before.

This thing is somewhat like the charcoal oven we made in the Boy Scouts.
My troop would have great biscuits with our breakfast. Ours was much smaller but cooking principle was the same.(was scoutmaster for many years and we were famous for our good meals)

I have also seen a version that has an open bottom with coals under the pig. I was thinking about a modified version that had coals on top and bottom?? Dutch oven style.

How many ways are there to "roast a hog!" I love it!!!!!!!

Meat Burner 05-22-2007 08:34 PM

YEEEELLLLLL!!!! Just kidding. Enjoy what you love to do.