The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Disposal gloves (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16212)

Dakaty 02-28-2006 08:37 PM

Disposal gloves

This may be the wrong place for this discussion, if so, sorry.

I have recently started using the "world's cheapest disposal gloves" and love them. These gloves are not the "examination style" latex gloves that the doctor uses. Rather they are very thin clear large non conforming gloves.

I got mine at Sam's and they cost about $7 for 1,000. They are really great for meat prep, handling and serving. I use then for jalapeno preparation, checking/changing engine oil, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the pit, cleaning up the dog's messes, etc. My guests are impressed at the "sanitary" manner in which I handle and serve food with them.

They are a real time saver. My wife has starting using them as well. If you haven't ever used them, buy a box and I promise they will come in handy for all kinds of stuff.

(OK, its not a real exciting topic, but it's only Tuesday!!)

Note from TK - this is a fine topic for this forum.

Kevin 02-28-2006 08:41 PM

For tuesday it's pretty good. I just got a box of 100 "embossed, not for sterile use" gloves at a party goods store and thought that was a deal. Your's looks better. OK, I was in the party store to get souffle cups for jello shots, but that's another thread.

Sawdustguy 02-28-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakaty
This may be the wrong place for this discussion, if so, sorry.

I have recently started using the "world's cheapest disposal gloves" and love them. These gloves are not the "examination style" latex gloves that the doctor uses. Rather they are very thin clear large non conforming gloves.

I got mine at Sam's and they cost about $7 for 1,000. They are really great for meat prep, handling and serving. I use then for jalapeno preparation, checking/changing engine oil, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the pit, cleaning up the dog's messes, etc. My guests are impressed at the "sanitary" manner in which I handle and serve food with them.

They are a real time saver. My wife has starting using them as well. If you haven't ever used them, buy a box and I promise they will come in handy for all kinds of stuff.

(OK, its not a real exciting topic, but it's only Tuesday!!)

I am pretty sure we use the same ones. They work great!

tommykendall 02-28-2006 10:33 PM

I use something similar also - two boxes of 500 for some unGodly cheap price. I also use food safe latex gloves - some compliments of a Brethre 'rubbing' episode a year ago.

rookiedad 02-28-2006 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommykendall
I use something similar also - two boxes of 500 for some unGodly cheap price. I also use food safe latex gloves - some compliments of a Brethre 'rubbing' episode a year ago.

what do you mean "food safe"? i just use straight up latex gloves for food prep. is there some kind of danger in doing that?

phil

CarbonToe 03-01-2006 02:25 AM

I use soap!

Trout_man22 03-01-2006 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarbonToe
I use soap!

LOL

But in food prep, like doing Japs the use of gloves helps. I have never put a finger into my eye after cutting japs but on day I know I will.

jt 03-01-2006 07:54 AM

It does make it easier to use gloves. Then you can peel one off to grab your spices, etc and not get the meat juices on everything else.

CharlieBeasley 03-01-2006 09:17 AM

How are they for size I have med to large paws and need an XL glove ?

Smoker 03-01-2006 09:31 AM

$7 for 1000 is a good price. Who sells that chit here on Long Island?

Dakaty 03-01-2006 02:20 PM

My hands are pretty big (I wear XL work gloves) and these fit ok (they are a little difficult to get on, if my hands are wet).

They do come as 2 boxes of 500 each - one to share!!

MoKanMeathead 03-01-2006 03:10 PM

I buy cheap cotton gloves from Wally World and put the disposable gloves over them. Works great for pulling pork that is still a little hot.

VitaminQ 03-01-2006 03:17 PM

I'll have to check Sam's for them. I've been using some that I got from the grocery store- and the'yre almost $0.01 apiece. That's outrageous! But they are handy for all kinds of stuff.

HoDeDo 03-01-2006 03:27 PM

I have been buying Nitrile gloves... they are the only thing that doesnt really "blowout" on me. MoKan's system works pretty well - I plan on trying that at some point too. Nitrile gloves are a little more expensive... but they wear well, have texture, and even clean up well.

Bigmista 03-01-2006 03:40 PM

Latex gloves liberated from my HMO seem to work fine and the price is great!