UDS Rib Cook

Sweet vid.....I love my UDS....I still need to finish it, but couldn't resist the urge to use it before it was totally finished.

Good looking ribs.....How long and at what temp?

Two of three past the bend test after three hours. I pulled all three off after four hours. Temps ran between 230 and 260. I feel that a tighter seal on the lid would make those temp variations closer.

I know what you mean on the lid seal, my lid is slightly warped, but using the sealing ring helps out a lot. The next UDS I build I am going to build it to use my weber lid.

Looks good!

Watched without sound so excuse the question if you already addressed it, but any particular reason why you left the membrane on?

Nice video! Those ribs looked great!

I guess I should start looking for a drum... :rolleyes:

Looks good!

Watched without sound so excuse the question if you already addressed it, but any particular reason why you left the membrane on?

I know it don't look like it in the video but the membrane is not there.:wink:

Hey Cliff, theres a Dow Corning product you can use to line the rim of your UDS that holds down a gasket so your kettle lid fits nice and snug. I gotta look for it so I can tell you what its called.

Like I always say, "You don't have to be pretty to get the job done!"

Great looking "Q".

I have a friend that I built a drum for that has a huge fern that he puts on top of the drum when it is not in use. The "55 gal" drum look does not blend well on hip pool side patio but he will not be without his drum! It sits right next to his XL BGE. He cooks on the BGE most of the time(grilling) but if he gets ready to slow cook some Butts, he pulls out the drum.

nice video i think i am going to have to build me one of those smokers

Back