The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   The BBQ Equipment Store (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   BIG NEWS! NEW Maverick ET-733 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171240)

5-0 BBQ 09-17-2013 09:33 AM

BIG NEWS! NEW Maverick ET-733

Most of you know that I am the man with the inside info from Maverick. I have known about this for awhile now but I was sworn to secrecy.:tape:

If you love your Maverick ET-732 check this out.

I am happy to announce today that the new Maverick ET-733 will be available late October.

The big changes are the larger display on the receiver that will now show both temps at the same time as well as the target high and low temps. Also now setting the target temps is easier. Temps can be set going up and down and not just going all the way up then back to the beginning. Also there are preset temps for 6 meats and 9 game meats.

http://bbqequipmentstore.com/images/...481026864.jpeg

FEATURES:
  • Comes with receiver, transmitter, 2 hybrid probes & 2 grill clips
  • Monitors 2 things at once! 1 food and 1 BBQ or 2 foods or 2 BBQS. You select
  • Probe wires are 3 ft long and are rated for 716°F
  • Receiver stores settings even when unit is off
  • 6 preset temperatures for Beef, Veal, Lamb, Pork, Chicken and Turkey
  • 9 BONUS preset temperatures for Game meats, Deer, Elk, Moose, Buffalo, Rabbit, Boar, Duck, Bird & Fish
  • Can customize preset temperatures to personal taste
  • Alerts you when preset temperature is reached
  • Loss of signal alert if you go out of range for more than a minute
  • Large 300 ft range
  • Select between Fahrenheit and Celsius
  • The receiver will display 32°F to 572°F
  • In BBQ mode you can set the high alert range from 140°F to 572°F and 32°F to 554°F in the low alert range
  • 4 AAA batteries included
We are taking pre-orders and expect to ship them out in the last week of October.
Click here for more info:

NeilH 09-17-2013 09:38 AM

Getting more sophisticated. Gonna have to wait til my 732 peters out. The wife wouldnt know what to think if i drug another gadget in the house.:rolleyes:

peeps 09-17-2013 09:39 AM

Will be adding to the xmas list ;) Love me some new gadgets :D

Not on Amazon yet :( No offense, just it is my goto place with my Prime membership.

SmittyJonz 09-17-2013 09:41 AM

Any coupons?

batboy 09-17-2013 09:42 AM

Nice! Are the probes the same at the 732?

IMO, the weakest element of the 732 is the probes? "Don't get them too hot, don't get them wet, protect the seals. . . . "

aawa 09-17-2013 09:45 AM

oh man....... I kind of wants...... kind of

5-0 BBQ 09-17-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batboy (Post 2628074)

IMO, the weakest element of the 732 is the probes? "Don't get them too hot, don't get them wet, protect the seals. . . . "

The same probes work with the ET-733. Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:

peeps 09-17-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batboy (Post 2628074)

Yeah...that reminds me...my BBQ probe just went out during my last cook.

Would love to have an option for more robust probes. I would pay double if they lasted double-triple the life of the existing design. I seem to go through food probes about every 6-9 months averaging 2-3 cooks/month.

deguerre 09-17-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ (Post 2628055)
The big changes are the larger display on the receiver that will now show both temps at the same time as well as the target high and low temps. Also now setting the target temps is easier. Temps can be set going up and down and not just going all the way up then back to the beginning. Also there are preset temps for 6 meats and 9 game meats.

Are these the only differences between the two models? Because I have never used any of these features. Heck, I don't even know HOW to set them because I've never had a need to learn. Yet, at least.

peeps 09-17-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ (Post 2628081)
The same probes work with the ET-733. Stand by: I will have an exclusive probe that will solve those problems soon. Made in the USA and waterproof. :razz:

Now THAT sounds excellent!

5-0 BBQ 09-17-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2628083)
Are these the only differences between the two models? Because I have never used any of these features. Heck, I don't even know HOW to set them because I've never had a need to learn. Yet, at least.

With the presets it is now easier to set. With your own setting those are simpler as well. Also you will be able to see both temps at the same time.

sliding_billy 09-17-2013 09:56 AM

I like the idea of new [waterproof] probes. Any chance they are thinner than the 732 probes?I am disappointed that Maverick is still including the (IMO) useless 3 ft probes with the new model. I think I have used the ones that came with my 1st Maverick once and never used the ones I got with my 2nd. 3 feet is just too short for me.

ButtBurner 09-17-2013 09:57 AM

how about the same dang unit with indestructible probes? Or at least ones that are not a fragile as a china doll

then they would have something.

deguerre 09-17-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ (Post 2628090)
With the presets it is now easier to set. With your own setting those are simpler as well. Also you will be able to see both temps at the same time.

Ah. Cool. By both temps, I take it you mean actual and target temps (Or whatever parameters you set), correct? I can really see that as a great upgrade, for sure. The unit will emit a warning if either pit or meat temps exceed settings?

Lowki 09-17-2013 09:59 AM

Have they improved the probes at all? I bought so many for my ET-732 that I completely avoid Maverick now. Seems like i spent twice what i paid for the unit in probes.