More Lamb Ribs (pr0n)

BobM

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I made lamb ribs once before, they were marked "lamb breast", which was basically lamb ribs with the belly (bacon) attached.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147987
They were about 2 - 2 1/2 inches thick. I cut off the "belly" part and cooked them on my 18 1/2" WSM at 250F for 5 hours. They came out fatty and chewy.

Since the weather was going to be good here in New York this week, I wanted to barbeque. I went to my favorite meat store to look at what they had. Low and behold, the "lamb breasts" grabbed my eye. This time they were smaller and thinner, about 1 - 1 1/4 inches thick. I learned something from the last cook, so let's rumble!

I rubbed them with extra virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.

I set my 18 1/2" WSM up with KBB and 5 fist sized chunks of red oak. I cooked them at 250F for 6 hours.

This is one of the best things I've barbequed so far. Moist, smokey, tasty, tender, a great flavor.

I love lamb!

Lamb ribs.
lambribs0201.jpg

Rubbed up.
lambribs0203.jpg

On the WSM.
lambribs0204.jpg

Done.
lambribs0205.jpg

Bones.
lambribs0206.jpg

Cut up.
lambribs0207.jpg

Beer of the day.
lambribs0208.jpg

Bob

Wow, those look awesome, I'd love to get my hands on some of those to try. Six hours seems a lot but it's hard to argue with the results. Nice.

Thanks for sharing. One of the local stores has them for a decent price now and then. I tried them a couple times and did not get great results. I'll try a longer smoke next time.

Dang but those look good! How did you determing they were done? I haven't done those before and would love to try them.

Those ribs look great. I don't recall ever seeing lamb ribs or lamb breast in stores around here.

The finished ribs look a lot like BB pork ribs, but I would think they have a different flavor. How do they taste, compared to what most of us have tasted from pork ribs?

CD

the ribs use to get thrown to us kids or the dogs when I was young.
depended on who was in favour.
Use to grill them over coals while fishing.
Awsome food for us.
Nice looking ribs mate.
Cheers.
Titch

How do they taste, compared to what most of us have tasted from pork ribs?
They taste like lamb, but the smoke gives them something extra. It's more "gamey" than pork, I really like the taste.

Sent from my Android phone.

Back