• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Post and First Brisket

mandbaudio

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I've lurked around these forums for a little over a year and have learned so many valuable tips from everyone! I figured today would be a great day to do my first post and how fitting that it is my first brisket.

I bought a 6.25lb brisket flat from Costco, rubbed it up and threw it on the Weber. Not sure what my issue was this morning but it took a about an hour and a half to get the temp dialed in! Maybe it was the anticipation of the cook, but it's humming along right now at a rock solid 250.

I am worried about it being dry as I hear the packer is the way to go however there are plenty of posts regarding the flat working out for the truly gifted BBQ'er. If it's edible I will view this as a success :-D

Anyway, here are the starter pics. More to come.

OK, Now I have proper image attachments:

The Rubdown:

Rubbed-Up.jpg

Second-View.jpg

Right onto the grill:

The-Pron.jpg

Now we have been humming a long for while. Just hit about 170. Notice the small bit I took off the side? I had to taste test! Has a nice ring already. I am debating whether to wrap it at 180 or leave it naked. I am loving that jus bubbling to the top. That's totally going in the beans.

Any tips on foiling it or not?

P1050384.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you're off to a great start. Be looking forward to seeing the finished hunk o beef

And welcome

Nice thick flat. Bet it turns out well. Be sure to cook until probe tender

By the way. Welcome to the Brethren. Be sure to head over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself so we can give you a proper welcome.

Back