The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jackson, MS - Give it to God - Video (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145958)

YokeUp 10-14-2012 06:14 AM

Jackson, MS - Give it to God - Video

dmprantz 10-14-2012 09:26 AM

I respectfully and publically suggest that you use your YouTube channel and get a facebook page. Get a blog and a website dedicated to you if you don't already have them, and publicize your videos all you want from those locations. You obviously have a cause, and that's understandable, but I don't think this forum is the appropriate venue to proselytise. Just as cooks don't come here to talk about how great their degreaser sponsor or their disease affiliated causes are every week, I think telling the brethren how great your religeon is after every competition would fall into the same bucket, but doubly so because relegion itslef is a touchy subject in a public forum. I'm happy that you are happy with your faith, but please keep it to yourself and your own web pages.

dmp

Teamfour 10-14-2012 09:33 AM

Another great video. Congrats on a good showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamfour 10-14-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmprantz (Post 2242989)
I respectfully and publically suggest that you use your YouTube channel and get a facebook page. Get a blog and a website dedicated to you if you don't already have them, and publicize your videos all you want from those locations. You obviously have a cause, and that's understandable, but I don't think this forum is the appropriate venue to proselytise. Just as cooks don't come here to talk about how great their degreaser sponsor or their disease affiliated causes are every week, I think telling the brethren how great your religeon is after every competition would fall into the same bucket, but doubly so because relegion itslef is a touchy subject in a public forum. I'm happy that you are happy with your faith, but please keep it to yourself and your own web pages.

dmp

Wow, just wow. If you see a post from Jeff just skip over it. Kind of like passing over the religious channels on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmprantz 10-14-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamfour (Post 2242994)
Wow, just wow. If you see a post from Jeff just skip over it. Kind of like passing over the religious channels on TV.

That's often sentiment from people who agree with the original post, but I wonder if your tune would change if a person posted videos claiming how Islam was the only true religeon and that the prophet Muhammed was the one to believe. Please remember that I stated my requests respectfully, and responses should be in the same tone....

dmp

YokeUp 10-14-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmprantz (Post 2242989)

dmp

I respectfully submit that you just pass by my posts and read those that are of intefest ti you. people who compete at the contests i attend appteciate the record i provide and the message as well. i promise not to dictate what you postor where you post it and i thank God that i can choose to read it or not. Freedom is precious!

jgbmgb 10-14-2012 09:48 AM

Great video! Keep em coming!! Dmprantz, if you don't agree with or like the video just don't look at any more of them.

jgbmgb 10-14-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yokeup (Post 2243005)
i respectfully submit that you just pass by my posts and read those that are of intefest ti you. People who compete at the contests i attend appteciate the record i provide and the message as well. I promise not to dictate what you postor where you post it and i thank god that i can choose to read it or not. Freedom is precious!

+++ 1

dmprantz 10-14-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YokeUp (Post 2243005)
i promise not to dictate what you postor where you post it and i thank God that i can choose to read it or not. Freedom is precious!

I never dictated. I suggested. Your freedom comes from your government, not your deity. Regardless, if you're going to continue to preach religion in a non-religious environment, you shouldn't be surprised nor get so offended that others find in inappropriate.

dmp

jgbmgb 10-14-2012 10:06 AM

"Your freedom comes from your government, not your deity"

WOW!! Nuff said right there!!!

dmprantz 10-14-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgbmgb (Post 2243023)
WOW!! Nuff said right there!!!

And your condescending point is? Do you refute that the freedoms of speech and religion are guaranteed by the government of the US? Do you think your religion would allow you those some freedoms if you were living in, say, Iran?

dmp

Teamfour 10-14-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmprantz (Post 2243001)
That's often sentiment from people who agree with the original post, but I wonder if your tune would change if a person posted videos claiming how Islam was the only true religeon and that the prophet Muhammed was the one to believe. Please remember that I stated my requests respectfully, and responses should be in the same tone....

dmp

I would just pass over that post. Or I may watch it to be exposed to a different point of view and perhaps learn something.

For the record, I am not overly religious, and honestly sometimes find Jeff's posts a little over the top. But I respect his freedom to make his posts and really like the photos that are in his videos.

I used to be very single minded when it came to other's views. But I have mellowed over the years. Life is too short for me get worked up over people's views.

Teamfour 10-14-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmprantz (Post 2243016)
Your freedom comes from your government, not your deity.

Respectfully, this is not technically true. Congress recognized freedom of expression as a God given right. The first amendment says Congress will not pass laws to interfere with those rights.

dmprantz 10-14-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamfour (Post 2243030)
I would just pass over that post....I used to be very single minded when it came to other's views. But I have mellowed over the years. Life is too short for me get worked up over people's views.

Thank you. I have no problems with this beliefs, and encourage him to hold them as high as he wants. From what I have seen of his videos though, they are less about competition BBQ, and more about telling those who watch them how great his is religion is. I just don't find the BBQ Brethren the appropriate venue for that message. I'm not the first person to publically state that belief on this forum. Just as it has been suggested several times already that I pass over his threads, it could be said that people could read my calm posts in response to them, ingest the content, and make a decision without lashing out at me for having opinions.

dmp

dmprantz 10-14-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamfour (Post 2243036)
Respectfully, this is not technically true. Congress recognized freedom of expression as a God given right. The first amendment says Congress will not pass laws to interfere with those rights.

We're getting a bit off-point from my intent, but I'm not familiar with the legal document which defines the freedom of expression as a "god given right." Care to share a reference to that? Regardless of how the government arrived at the conclusion though, I maintain that it is the government, not a religion, that allows citizens in this country to have freedom. We may just have to agree to disagree though.

dmp