The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PitCooker T - The Truth about the PBC SERIOUS Review Part One (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156181)

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 09:59 PM

PitCooker T - The Truth about the PBC SERIOUS Review Part One

Pit Barrel Cooker - Pitmaster T's FIRST Serious Product Review since 2007

Up within 30 minutes....a day early.

bigabyte 03-14-2013 10:22 PM

Fark, I have very little motivation to wait for this one. Maybe I'll be extremely bored later and decide to watch it rather than do something even stupider than normal.

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 10:30 PM

If it makes you feel better... its informative.. but Youtube glitched out on my first upload, Chris.

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 10:36 PM

LittleHill Smoke 03-14-2013 10:54 PM

Another great video from the master himself. Was wondering if it would be small enough to take camping. Thanks Pitmaster T.

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 11:04 PM

I WILL be taking this to Brazos Bend. Its light and perfect.... plus... and this is the cool part... it is a throw meat on and come back in a few hours (so far its 2 for chix, better check at three hours for ribs). The UDS would not fit in my van. I was pretty disappointed to find that out. I have one of those conversion vans and it simply will not fit in the back and cannot anywhere else. This thing fits perfect with Room to spare for other stuff.

rwalters 03-14-2013 11:06 PM

I enjoyed this review! Thank you!! Having had my PBC for about 4 months now, I can honestly say it is my ALL time favorite cooker... because of ease and results :)

rwalters 03-14-2013 11:08 PM

You've probably already answered this T, but when ya gonna show us part 2??

bigabyte 03-14-2013 11:09 PM

Good freaking Lord.

Kill me now.

First off...It's just like every other farking BBQ video on the farking interwebz...you know the one. There's a farking bajillion of them, and they all have the EXACT same farking music line stumbling in the background to try and make me feel all impressed that they must know their farking BBQ chit because it's some bluesy guitar jam bullcrap.:tsk: AND I LIKE BLUES AND BLUES ROCK!:doh: I just don't feel particularly impressed by someones video just because they spent more time trying to pick the farking music than putting thought into their farking video!:mad: FARK! HOW COULD YOU RUIN YOUR REPUTATION LIKE THIS???

Second, you seem really dorky and boring. I mean, seriously, I'm not sure how the fark I am still awake after ten farking minutes of watching you stand there and flapping your arms like you don't know what to do with them while you try and spout off all intelligent like while you simply assemble some farking unit per manufacturers instructions and then remind us all how a farking UDS works. HOW COULD YOU RUIN YOUR REPUTATION LIKE THIS?????:tsk:

Now, granted, if I was completely farking new to all this BBQ stuff, and I thought my entire freaking life and future of all things BBQ hinged on the single decision of deciding whether or not I buy a PBC or build a UDS for my first "real" smoker as I graduate from the farking crock farking pot, then MAYBE I would manage to stay awake...but you could have wrapped all that up in under a minute instead of flapping your arms around at your side yabbering on and one for 11 farking minutes!:doh:

Honestly, if I was that new, I probably STILL wouldn't know whether or not I wanted a UDS or a PBC.:der: Seriously. Even if you came out and said "This PBC is so farking awesome I threw away every other unit I ever owned, and when I fire it up all the women in town flock to my yard and start dry humping my leg", I STILL would be on the fence about it or a UDS. I mean seriously, why the fark should I believe you over my own opinion that I am going to form after watching all 85 bajillion other faring BBQ videos out there by the other clones with that same farking guitar riff and their differing opinions on cookers and what BBQ is exactly?

FARK!!!!

I'm off to the PB to cool down...

YA FARKING SELLOUT!!!:mad2:

I'M SO FARKING PI$$ED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flyingbassman5 03-14-2013 11:13 PM

Nice job T!! Loved it!

:eusa_clap

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigabyte (Post 2407976)
Good freaking Lord.

Kill me now.

First off...It's just like every other farking BBQ video on the farking interwebz...you know the one. There's a farking bajillion of them, and they all have the EXACT same farking music line stumbling in the background to try and make me feel all impressed that they must know their farking BBQ chit because it's some bluesy guitar jam bullcrap.:tsk: AND I LIKE BLUES AND BLUES ROCK!:doh: I just don't feel particularly impressed by someones video just because they spent more time trying to pick the farking music than putting thought into their farking video!:mad: FARK! HOW COULD YOU RUIN YOUR REPUTATION LIKE THIS???

Second, you seem really dorky and boring. I mean, seriously, I'm not sure how the fark I am still awake after ten farking minutes of watching you stand there and flapping your arms like you don't know what to do with them while you try and spout off all intelligent like while you simply assemble some farking unit per manufacturers instructions and then remind us all how a farking UDS works. HOW COULD YOU RUIN YOUR REPUTATION LIKE THIS?????:tsk:

Now, granted, if I was completely farking new to all this BBQ stuff, and I thought my entire freaking life and future of all things BBQ hinged on the single decision of deciding whether or not I buy a PBC or build a UDS for my first "real" smoker as I graduate from the farking crock farking pot, then MAYBE I would manage to stay awake...but you could have wrapped all that up in under a minute instead of flapping your arms around at your side yabbering on and one for 11 farking minutes!:doh:

Honestly, if I was that new, I probably STILL wouldn't know whether or not I wanted a UDS or a PBC.:der: Seriously. Even if you came out and said "This PBC is so farking awesome I threw away every other unit I ever owned, and when I fire it up all the women in town flock to my yard and start dry humping my leg", I STILL would be on the fence about it or a UDS. I mean seriously, why the fark should I believe you over my own opinion that I am going to form after watching all 85 bajillion other faring BBQ videos out there by the other clones with that same farking guitar riff and their differing opinions on cookers and what BBQ is exactly?

FARK!!!!

I'm off to the PB to cool down...

YA FARKING SELLOUT!!!:mad2:

I'M SO FARKING PI$$ED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh so hard Chris I had to dig out my inhaler. The "freaky version" is up to 472 hits already... I am sure this will lay around like a turd in my son's cold bathwater.... but hey.... I thought I do it for you... one sec... don;t go to bed yet....I have a present for you...be back in 5 minutes.

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 11:40 PM

eh eh eh eh ..... uploading it now.....Kahn... I'm laughing at the superior intellect

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigabyte (Post 2407976)
Good freaking Lord.

Kill me now.

how the fark I am still awake after ten farking minutes of watching you stand there and flapping your arms like you don't know what to do with them

So you are saying that you would rather see The "Raging Bull" version... you know... Where Joey says "you're cuts are opening up and everything"... you'd rather him say as I raise my arm in a wife beater "your skin tags are flopping around and everything!"

"Joey, did you, or did you not... cook these ribs on a PBC?"

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...qztBeAlmwqHtNA

Neonnblack 03-14-2013 11:50 PM

So, even though i have my own answer to this, i want yours.

Not counting personal time (since everyone values time differently, this cannot be a part of the equation) is the PBC worth it for the price? I mean, i can crank out UDS's for under 100 hundred bucks all day long. So not counting people who couldnt build or doesnt have the sources to build a UDS. Is it worth it?

Pitmaster T 03-14-2013 11:53 PM

hey Chris... U ready?