Question about BBQ Team Names

J

jrd

With so many BBQ teams out there today, how can you know if the name you picked is not used? I have googled the one we have chosen and did not find anyone else with the same name. Is there anywhere else I should check? Thanks for the help!

John

Ask here, there are Brethren far and wide.

With so many BBQ teams out there today, how can you know if the name you picked is not used? I have googled the one we have chosen and did not find anyone else with the same name. Is there anywhere else I should check? Thanks for the help!

John

You can start by going to kcbs.us. There is a list of teams there. That doesn't guarantee that a team that cooks IBCA, LSBS, GBA, FBA, etc. hasn't been using it, but it's a start.

You can check out pickled pig's website for names too.

Or, you can just find a name you like, steal it, and modify it just a little.. seems to be the norm these days.. (ok, kidding, don't do that. Too many doing that already)

I appreciate you wanting to check first !:thumb:

You can check out pickled pig's website for names too.

Or, you can just find a name you like, steal it, and modify it just a little.. seems to be the norm these days.. (ok, kidding, don't do that. Too many doing that already)

I appreciate you wanting to check first !:thumb:

Heck... even the Shigs got shigged!!!!

You could go the national bbq rankings and see if there is a team listed there. That would cover teams competing in kcbs, fba, gba, pnwba, and mbn. Please try an avoid overusing the following characters.

' ` " ,

Also know that anything that is too complicated is going to be constantly misspelled on your scoresheets.

I don't think anyone is using Meatbeaters and that's a great name!

was going to say, pick a name that is just way far out there, and throw out that idea, because it is probably already taken

Cancer Sucks 2 Loose Moonswiners is no longer available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget to include some sort of clever swine inuendo, a term that has a "Q" sound in it and a cartoon logo of animals sacrificing other animals at a party where fun is being had by all including the animals about to be cooked. :shock: :wink:

What's the name of the crazy website that exposes all of the cruel and unusual BBQ logos? :clap2: Funny stuff!

Back