• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fingerlickin' Good White Bean and Chicken Chili

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So there's this Signature Dish Throwdown thingy going on right now, and I don't really have what I would call a signature dish, so I figured since every time I make this someone asks me for the recipe, that's probably about as close as I'm gonna get.

First you take some leftover smoked chicken that you rubbed with Big Butz Chicken Dust and smoked over some hickory on Sunday. Which by the way is waaaaay easier to get off the bone if you do it while it's still warm instead of passing out Sunday night instead. :tsk:

DSC_0147-001.jpg

Then gather up the rest of the ingredients and place them on the stove for a photo shoot. (you can skip this step :crazy:)

DSC_0163-001.jpg

One diced onion and 6 cloves of chopped garlic go into the DO.

DSC_0165-001.jpg

Fire in the chicken you've painstakingly pulled from the cold bones, and heat that through.

DSC_0167-001.jpg

Next add:

1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp. White Pepper

(I have black pepper in my photo shoot, but then I remembered I use white for this recipe, I'm just so use to not having any, that I forgot I actually had some this time. I also didn't add any of the salt in the picture, I used SM Season All instead)

1/2 tsp New Mexico HOT chili powder or 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
1 tsp SM Season All or Salt if your fresh out of Season All
1/2 tsp Green Chili Powder or 1 small can of Chopped Green Chiles

Throw all that in to toast for a minute or two.

DSC_0171-001.jpg

Add 1 can of great northern, 1 can of cannellini beans, and enough chicken broth to just cover the beans. Let it simmer on low for about 30-40 minutes then add 3 Tbls Masa Harina and simmer another 5 minutes or so. If you don't have any Masa Harina on hand you can use 2 Tbls. of a cornstarch and water slurry.

DSC_0174-001.jpg

Without further ado, I present to you my signature dish.

Fingerlickin' Good White Bean and Chicken Chili

DSC_0201-001.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you try the recipe.

Remember to check in over at the Throwdown's once in a while, you don't want to miss out on all the fun!

:peace:

Been making a white chicken chili for years now. Penderys or Penzeys makes a great white chili spice mix that is fantastic. Look it up. Yours looks fantastic. Be great with a nice loaf of crusty bread on a cool evening. Nice work. Nope found it it's Penderys click on chili blends and you'll find it.

Just made a batch as we speak. You inspired me. I did it with chix stock,roasted red peppers,garlic,onion,white beans,some red and white chili powders but had to use pulled pork had no grilled chix in the freezer. Now I have to go get some of that crusty bread I spoke of. Have to wait to eat till tomorrow doing sushi with the wife tonight. Thanks for the post though. Didn't come out white cause I used some red chili powder along with the white but it sure is rich and full of flavor. Thanks again!!
chixchili123.jpg

Always good to see you cook that dish Jason.

Thanks man, I figured since I needed lunch for the rest of the week I might as well take some pictures of it. Worse case I get another zero, I got some catchin' up do do in that category. :grin:

Just made a batch as we speak. You inspired me. I did it with chix stock,roasted red peppers,garlic,onion,white beans,some red and white chili powders but had to use pulled pork had no grilled chix in the freezer. Now I have to go get some of that crusty bread I spoke of. Have to wait to eat till tomorrow doing sushi with the wife tonight. Thanks for the post though. Didn't come out white cause I used some red chili powder along with the white but it sure is rich and full of flavor. Thanks again!!
chixchili123.jpg

Looks great man! I just finished my bowl for lunch a little while ago. Love the stuff. Not your traditional "chili" but it's really farking good.

Mmmmm, mmmmm-- that chicken chili do look fingerlickn' good, Fingerlickin'! Great idea! I hear you about pulling chicken from the bone when it is warm... I make up a lot of chicken for my pet dog, and so know exactly what you mean.

Back