Smoker build from Shirley Fabrication

BuckN BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Paul and Tyler are at it again. Here are a couple of build photos from my smoker. Should be ready in about a week or so. I can't say enough great things about the process with Paul. Class act all the way.:clap2:

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_5163.jpeg
    IMG_5163.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 502
Congrats bro! I'm sure after seeing it the wait is harder!!

I had to postpone my build date a little later :sad:. I won't be down in AL for a while to tow it back myself (plan A), but if it gets too long, plan B will go in effect: Have my sis from GA go pick it up, have my folks in IL visit them and tow it back, then visit my folks and bring her home to MN! Stupid Army always waiting to give out definitive dates...

Congrats bro! I'm sure after seeing it the wait is harder!!

I had to postpone my build date a little later :sad:. I won't be down in AL for a while to tow it back myself (plan A), but if it gets too long, plan B will go in effect: Have my sis from GA go pick it up, have my folks in IL visit them and tow it back, then visit my folks and bring her home to MN! Stupid Army always waiting to give out definitive dates...

Thank you for your service brother! Paul gave me someone to contact for shipping. I'll send you a PM once I find out the price.

I never get tired of seeing these builds by Paul and Tyler. I really like the ones with the front facing vertical warmers.

Question from a guy who has never used an offset:

Above the firebox is the "warmer," right? What does that get used for? I realize the name is probably self-explanatory, but I imagine the smoke runs from the firebox, through the cylindrical cook chamber and back around into the bottom of the warmer. How much heat difference is there usually between your cook chamber and the warmer? And why would you need such a large warmer? Do you move butts and ribs to the warmer just to hold them until its time to serve, or is that really intended for things that you want to cook much lower temperature?

Back