Here Comes The Judge!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Today I took the oath of the Certified Barbecue Judge for the KCBS! :-D The class was great and was taught by Mike Lake, the president of the KCBS Board. He is an extremely nice, knowledgeable and talented gentleman; not to mention - a BBQ legend in the KCBS. I had a really great time and I have already signed up for my first competition to judge. :-D

Mike puts on a good class. Once you've judged your first contest, you're gonna be hooked!

Congrats, amazing how excited we become over this stuff, people look at me like I'm nuts when I say I'm a certified KCBS judge...most say yea...your certified all right...lol

Welcome to the club. Hope you are hungry.

Welcome to CBJ! Did my second comp in Elk Grove yesterday and had a great time. Watched some brethren walk, that was the best part. Didn't get to taste any of their work though, my table didn't get anything over above average. But thats the way the bbq cooks :)

You must have been in Nashville Ind. because He was talking about it today when he gave our class. Great Couple Mike and Tereasa. We had a good turn out and Jim of Rolling Smoke and Jim of Jimmys Hog Pen did a standup job of cooking. ( Just hope when it comes time to compete with them they only remeber how to make the bad stuff) LOL Beautiful grounds they have up there at the Legion.

Today I took the oath of the Certified Barbecue Judge for the KCBS! :-D The class was great and was taught by Mike Lake, the president of the KCBS Board. He is an extremely nice, knowledgeable and talented gentleman; not to mention - a BBQ legend in the KCBS. I had a really great time and I have already signed up for my first competition to judge. :-D

Mike puts on a good class. Once you've judged your first contest, you're gonna be hooked!

Ditto what Matt said, I just got back from judging at the Raytown, Mo. comp. I took the class that Mike gave last year in Mount Pleasant, Iowa. So far I've judged 6 comps; three total last year, three done already this year :biggrin:.
p.s. - Matt, it was great seeing you again at the BarBQlossal And I was pleased to meet your mom, who is also a new CBJ :-D.

Back