The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   peach wood (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68441)

a55bag 09-06-2009 11:57 PM

peach wood

is peach tree wood ok to smoke with? I would assume it would be close to apple or something. Im in nor cal and our orchards are full of walnut, plum and peach trees I can get my hands on as much wood as I want just not sure which would be best...

BBQ Grail 09-06-2009 11:59 PM

In the Marysville/Yuba City peach wood is plentiful. It gives pork and chicken a nice sweet flavor. Similar to apple.

For brisket I mix it 75% peach 25% pecan or hickory.

Plum is good, and you should be able to score some almond too which is awesome for everything.

JD McGee 09-07-2009 12:33 AM

Peach is most excellent on pork...:-P

Chuckwagonbbqco 09-07-2009 12:34 AM

I use peach wood all of the time. I use oak to get nice hot coals then throw in small pieces of peach for smoke. You are very close---let me know if you need oak---I have several connections. I am not sure what you are cooking withfor equipment.

Mr. Bo 09-07-2009 12:54 AM

I can't vouch for peach with beef. But it's great on pork and poultry. You can't go wrong there.

a55bag 09-08-2009 11:54 AM

I have a soon to be modded bandera I have only used once before my move and its riding across country in an ABF freight trailer now.. cant wait.

Mark 09-08-2009 12:04 PM

Peach is like pear; only peachier.

chambersuac 09-08-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a55bag (Post 1019440)
is peach tree wood ok to smoke with? I would assume it would be close to apple or something. Im in nor cal and our orchards are full of walnut, plum and peach trees I can get my hands on as much wood as I want just not sure which would be best...

Fruit wood is great with pork and chicken. All the woods you named are good for smoking (although I've actually never used walnut). You're a blessed man to have a source like that! Get to smoking and post some pictures. Can't wait to see 'em.

MattG 09-08-2009 12:51 PM

I cook almost everything with peach wood. Really good on Chicken and pork.

Lake Dogs 09-08-2009 01:56 PM

It's horrible! Dont believe these guys! You're being set-up. Think of it; peaches and
BBQ!!! Give me your address. I'll drive right over with the truck and help you dispose
of it carefully. It's toxic, you know! Very dangerous. Matter of fact, if I were you,
I'd stay 20' away from it. Let the professionals (ala. me) dispose of it for you.

Being a Bretheren n all, I'll only charge you for the gasoline...

How far is Marysville CA from Atlanta GA?... Shouldn't be much.

-The Dawg

The_Kapn 09-08-2009 04:23 PM

I love Mesquite and Hickory for beef.

And then... Peach or Cherry for everything else!

Great smoking wood.

TIM

singingwolf 09-08-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Dogs (Post 1020937)
It's horrible! Dont believe these guys! You're being set-up. Think of it; peaches and
BBQ!!! Give me your address. I'll drive right over with the truck and help you dispose
of it carefully. It's toxic, you know! Very dangerous. Matter of fact, if I were you,
I'd stay 20' away from it. Let the professionals (ala. me) dispose of it for you.

Being a Bretheren n all, I'll only charge you for the gasoline...

How far is Marysville CA from Atlanta GA?... Shouldn't be much.

-The Dawg

I second that... (and if he takes you up on the offer, got a friend who's fairly local to you who would be more than glad to grab that toxic stuff off your hands too!)

Sizzlepig 09-08-2009 06:06 PM

I use a lot of peach and it has become my favorite. I will mix it with apple for the best pulled pork, ribs or chicken that I have ever made. I have used it with beef and it's good, but I prefer oak or hickory if I am doing beef ribs or steak. Peach is also great with lamb.

a55bag 09-08-2009 11:37 PM

thanks guys I really appreciate the advice. I gotta bandera I will just burn it all up in since its toxic and all..

NorthwestBBQ 09-08-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD McGee (Post 1019462)
Peach is most excellent on pork...:-P

I tried some of JD's Peach wood recently and it was great! :mrgreen: