Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - KCBS IN ACTION - SET YOUR DVRs!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Friday, November 4, 2011 "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" will be an episode about how the KCBS helps an Afghan War Veteran. I am really looking forward to this episode. Set your DVRs/Tivos!

It's the power of BBQ in action. These are the kinds of meaningful things we brethren can accomplish!

Great! I'm sure I read an article in the bullsheet about this, maybe a month or two ago. :thumb:

I think the show's bullcrap (great what they're doing but the whole thing is wayy too dramatized).. but I'll watch.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll tivo it and watch it before my g/f gets home. That way when I cry like a little girl the first time. She won't be there to see it. It'll either be a tear jerker because of the situation, or because I'll want whatever kickass manly machine they give the guy.

I too will watch; however, I think the show is a freaking waste. Instead of spending hundreds of thousands to fix up one house ( that the people end up losing anyways because of taxes) help ten people instead. Just my .02

I too will watch; however, I think the show is a freaking waste. Instead of spending hundreds of thousands to fix up one house ( that the people end up losing anyways because of taxes) help ten people instead. Just my .02

+1 on that. My mom is all into it I think she just likes crying while watching TV. I will give her credit though. She is currently in Joplin, Missouri helping to rebuild houses. She is so excited because Extreme Home Makeover is also there doing a house. She sent me pictures of the reveal last night, she was pumped. I can't help but to feel her going there to help rebuild multiple houses does far greater good than helping just one family for TV ratings.

I agree with that to some extent. Most things are donated though, including the workers time. When I worked on a home for them in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area, I was in that house close to 30 hours on top of my regular work week. It pretty sweet to see a house built so quick. Quality suffers though.
I really can't stand the show though. Perhaps I will watch though.

The show is on twice tonight per my DVR
with a description of the Glen Close episode
Which one is the KCBS episode?
1st or 2nd?

I agree. I've often wondered whether the local bank (who's often up front with a check for additional money) sets up some sort of trust to help these families with the increased taxes they will see when their house quadruples in value? I've heard of horror stories from elderly people who have their homes fixed up by habitat for humanity only to find out they can't afford to pay uncle sam for the increased value of the home they've lived in for 50+ years. The answer you'll usually get is "yea but they can sell it and take the profit to buy a house someplace else." Trouble is, some other place is not home.

The show is on twice tonight per my DVR
with a description of the Glen Close episode
Which one is the KCBS episode?
1st or 2nd?

It's a two part episode. Here is a blurb from the KCBS site.

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=425

They say a life can change in a moment. For Sgt. Allen Hill and his family, their lives changed in the moment it takes for a tour bus to move 20 feet. As cheering neighbors in the background chanted “move that bus,” the Hill family saw the first glimpses of their new 4,100 square-foot home and the first glimpses of the new life ahead of them.

Friday, November 4 at 8 P.M. EST, viewers are invited to see the two-hour heroic story of Sgt. Hill, a retired veteran suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, on ABC’s hit series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

During the week-long taping of the show, the Extreme Makeover BBQ Throwdown was held and top Kansas City Barbeque Society teams competed against each other, fed the 3,500 people in attendance and helped raise over $35,000 to assist the Hill family with living expenses.

Tyson Foods, Farmland Foods and Sam’s Club® who, along with dozen’s of local partners and businesses, ABC, and the entire gracious community of Ottawa, Kan., were able to come together and contribute to the BBQ Throwdown and the Home Makeover event to help ensure its success.

“To see the community come out like they did in mass numbers and perform amazing feats is just a wonderful testament to the fabric of America,” said Allen Hill of the experience.

ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Friday, November 4
8 PM ET/7PM CT

I was told by one of teams on show(when we were competing at Jack Daniels) that the crowd was way bigger then expected and one of the competing teams went back to Hotel he is chef of and brought 10 staff and something like 500 more pounds meat to feed the large crowd...

That was sweet...hope they get recognized for going out of way to do that....Definetly a worthy cause....

Back