The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   *** Smokin' Scotsmen BBQ- Ada, Michigan (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36997)

tonto1117 01-31-2008 06:27 PM

*** Smokin' Scotsmen BBQ- Ada, Michigan

Team name: Smokin' Scotsmen BBQ

Bio: The team members are myself, Theresa Munroe (tonto1117), my husband, Walt Munroe (Bud's BBQ), Steve Coddington (Bbq Bubba) and Geoff Crewe (crewdawg52) We started competing in 2007. With only 4 comps under our belt we have walked a in Ribs, Pork and Chicken a few times. Are best to date is 6th place overall in a 48 team contest.

Location info: Michigan. But we will be competing in MI,IN, OH, IL, and depending how the season is going other states will be added as well.

Sanctioning body info: KCBS

Contact info: [email protected]

Upcoming events: To be determined...Plannng on 7-10 comps this year.I will edit and post info once we get our schedule set.

We would be happy to have you come along to help out and learn what competition BBQ is all about and have some fun and enjoy.

bbqbull 01-31-2008 08:04 PM

I would love to help out your team if your down a team member.

BanditBBQ 02-01-2008 09:14 AM

Coming to Wamac/Centralia

I hear tell you're considering coming down to Illinois for the Wamac/Centralia contest (Southwestern Illinois Spring Festival in May). I'll be there too! Shane, the contest organizer, is a real nice guy...new to organizing a contest, but trying real hard. Should be a lot of fun!

tonto1117 02-01-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditBBQ (Post 550517)
I hear tell you're considering coming down to Illinois for the Wamac/Centralia contest (Southwestern Illinois Spring Festival in May). I'll be there too! Shane, the contest organizer, is a real nice guy...new to organizing a contest, but trying real hard. Should be a lot of fun!

Yep, this looks like it will be on our calendar. Talked with Shane a few days ago, sounds like he's starting to understand the need for revamping his origanal setup/layout (cooking in one area and having your trailor/RV/ect...in another. Also said he is 99.9% sure it will be santioned, just can't officially say so till it's a done deal. Really nice guy like you said!!
See you there Jim....looking foward to it!

BanditBBQ 02-02-2008 08:39 AM

Yep,

it's sanctioned. KCBS approved it at the January BOD, but didn't post it until a couple of days ago.

Should be fun!

Q-topia 10-23-2008 01:56 PM

Hey Theresa! We've taken your advice and joined this site; seems great so far.

I'm just chiming in with my team's opinion that the Scotsmen are great people, and if someone gets mentored by them, they're in very good hands. We met them last weekend when we competed in our first competition in Libertyville, IL. We were lucky enough to be the Scotsmen's neighbors. They were extremely generous with their food (wow, those bisquits and gravy :eusa_clap) and their advice. They were reserve Grand Champ so the latter was just as spot-on as the former.

S H I T A L (I had to space out my name like this b/c the system recognizes the first 4 letters, and makes it "****al." The drawbacks of being an Indian bbqer, I guess :wink:)
--------------
Q-topia

The Pigman 10-23-2008 09:23 PM

Tonto looking forward to seeing you again in Kettering if you are coming back. It was great meeting you and Walt this passed year and appricate you advice. For someone like me that never came up behind someone else on a team learning I can use all the help I can get. Are you coming in for the Bash??????????????

ipls3355 10-24-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonto1117 (Post 550097)
We would be happy to have you come along to help out and learn what competition BBQ is all about and have some fun and enjoy.

And what a fine job you all did.:eusa_clap I had a blast helping you guys in Arthur. Can't wait till next year, maybe I'll have a team of my own.

FatBoyz 10-24-2008 01:35 PM

i want to come help I would look so hot in a kilt.....not to mention i get my hand on good wood....:twisted:

Bud's BBQ 10-24-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q-topia (Post 764694)
Hey Theresa! We've taken your advice and joined this site; seems great so far.

I'm just chiming in with my team's opinion that the Scotsmen are great people, and if someone gets mentored by them, they're in very good hands. We met them last weekend when we competed in our first competition in Libertyville, IL. We were lucky enough to be the Scotsmen's neighbors. They were extremely generous with their food (wow, those bisquits and gravy :eusa_clap) and their advice. They were reserve Grand Champ so the latter was just as spot-on as the former.

S H I T A L (I had to space out my name like this b/c the system recognizes the first 4 letters, and makes it "****al." The drawbacks of being an Indian bbqer, I guess :wink:)
--------------
Q-topia

Was very enjoyable to meet the Q-Topia team. It's this aspect of the competition circuit that makes it all worth while. Where else can you meet the greatest folks from all parts of the country and all walks of life who share a fundabmental enjoyment of good food - BBQ afterall :-D. Take care of that beautiful baby, S H I T A L!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipls3355
And what a fine job you all did.:eusa_clap I had a blast helping you guys in Arthur. Can't wait till next year, maybe I'll have a team of my own.

Chris, it was also great working with you and thanks so much for giving us a hand in Arthur. You stuck me as we fought the battle of the crappy wood. Maybe if we had some really small bits of wood (aka, pellets :-P), we could have managed the thin blue smoke - Naw, we are real stick burners 8).

The best part of this mentoring program was our first encounter in April of this year: Joe and Nicole joined us as mentor and quickly became the best of friends as well as key contributors to our success this year and full time members of the Smo Sco's...love ya, Queen of Green :icon_clown (p.s. - that's a "clown ass"...not an "ass clown" :-P!!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatBoyz
i want to come help I would look so hot in a kilt.....not to mention i get my hand on good wood....:twisted:

And Billy, no farking way on the kilt idea :twisted:. But, can't thank you enough for the shag bark hickory.

bud and theresa