The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Look at what my brother brought to me today... what would you do??? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173266)

TuscaloosaQ 10-15-2013 06:54 PM

Look at what my brother brought to me today... what would you do???

while working today my brother called and said he was bringing me a pig he caught at the farm in one of me and Tyler's traps. The pig weighed in @
30#s. He caught another 1 that weighed 100# but dressed it for sausage. How would you cook it ??? That is my buddy behind me acting goofy as always

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/...saQ/006-34.jpg

buster my min pin will literally climb a tree to get to a squirrel

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/...saQ/004-40.jpg

landarc 10-15-2013 07:23 PM

Heck, I would boil it up then drown it in sauce from the store. Yessir!

Or, I guess you could chill it for a couple of days, then throw it in a handy cooker and make some fine pork sandwiches.

Bludawg 10-15-2013 07:28 PM

I have cooked up 5 that size in the last few months, I split the spine and the ribs and cook them on their back, season salt and some black pepper for a rub in the cavity.

Garrett 10-15-2013 07:28 PM

Don't you need to "season" that comp cooker right there behind you???

cowgirl 10-15-2013 07:43 PM

Nice brother! I bet you will come up with an awesome way to cook that pig Paul. Lookin' forward to seeing what you do with it! :cool:

Buster is a go-getter for sure! :-D

TuscaloosaQ 10-15-2013 07:51 PM

Thanks guys and gals my wheels are spinning in my head.... Garret don't tempt me LOL ..... Jen buster spends all day chasing squirrels from pecan tree to pecan tree. The pecans are falling and I hope to have a bumper crop. I appreciate all the suggestions

charrederhead 10-15-2013 07:57 PM

Can't help you w/ the pig, but can I borrow Buster for a few months?!

I'm in perpetual warfare w/ those #$@! tree-rats. :tsk:

TuscaloosaQ 10-15-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charrederhead (Post 2659880)
Can't help you w/ the pig, but can I borrow Buster for a few months?!

I'm in perpetual warfare w/ those #$@! tree-rats. :tsk:

Brother if I let you borrow buster I might as well pack my bags too!!!! That dog is the head honcho at this house I would be in BAAAAAdD trouble with the misses!!!!!

landarc 10-15-2013 08:24 PM

You know, if you had a large enough pot, and this is gonna sound a little nuts, you could deep fry that sucker. Wild hogs can be a little dry, lower in fat and all, and slow frying it, sort of like carnitas, might yield up a fantastic meal or three.

bbqbull 10-15-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2659910)
You know, if you had a large enough pot, and this is gonna sound a little nuts, you could deep fry that sucker. Wild hogs can be a little dry, lower in fat and all, and slow frying it, sort of like carnitas, might yield up a fantastic meal or three.

I got to help cook a half of a wild hog in Texas years ago.
There is darned little fat in those things. I would baste it while cooking it like every hour.

TuscaloosaQ 10-15-2013 08:53 PM

Landarc that is another awesome idea a deep fried pig... That has got to be good!!!!

TuscaloosaQ 10-15-2013 08:56 PM

BBQ bull you r right not much fat in that little sucker for sure

Diesel Dave 10-16-2013 05:33 AM

Well first off you know you have the cooker/s for it.
If you do decide to put it on the cooker, I'd go the route Bludawg suggested and pack the inside with sausage and a bacon blanket. That would keep er moist with the all the fat they have in them.

Jus an idea there.

I got a min pin too, She's a killer like Buster. Runs the house too, even the Rottie respects Xena :laugh:

CharredApron 10-16-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave (Post 2660203)
Well first off you know you have the cooker/s for it.
If you do decide to put it on the cooker, I'd go the route Bludawg suggested and pack the inside with sausage and a bacon blanket. That would keep er moist with the all the fat they have in them.

Jus an idea there.

I got a min pin too, She's a killer like Buster. Runs the house too, even the Rottie respects Xena :laugh:

Diesel Dave beat me to the punch, but I have stuffed the cavity with whole corn, rice, and fatback, or saltpork and sewn it closed with stainless fishing leader and slow roasted small piglets on a spit. It's the other white meat! Baste it with a mop of your choice. mmm mmm good! Campbells Crispy pig!

deguerre 10-16-2013 07:34 AM

Taunt your Arkansas friends with it, maybe? :roll: :twisted:

You're brother always that nice? :mrgreen: