WyzeTemp

P

pharp

WyzeTemp to test out their new wireless probe product. Full disclosure: I did not pay for the unit and it is a "beta" unit. I am not going to comment on design features or ideas for improvement as they are still tweaking the product.
I did however want to share some pics of my maiden cook.

Install-
The unit is designed to be put on your grill smoker where the current thermometer is or by drilling a hole and adding it to your existing setup. For the sake of trying it out I just put in the hole where the stock thermometer was.
gUmlrBYl.jpg

Use-
It has the temperature of the smoker/grill across the top of the dial and the wireless probe temperature across the bottom. The WyzeTemp is the black thermometer and the one with the wire is my maverick.
*Note: A prime grade NY strip was harmed in the testing of this product as a took it all the way to 190 IT as means to test the unit :)

Accuracy-
I tested it with my Maverick 733 and compared it to my Thermapen readings as well.
The meat temperatures are measured in 10 degree increments and it seems like once it gets to say 135 both 130 and 140 would light up. The temperatures were inline with the Maverick and when I tested with the thermapen it was pretty spot in as in the image below.
v5ISK3Ul.jpg

I was very impressed with the accuracy and design. It also works with Android via an app (I could not test) but an Apple App is in the works. I am excited about not having to ruin probe cables any more :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Were the chamber/grill temps close to what you currently use? Also can you leave the probe in the meat with the lid closed or will the black "handle" melt?

Were the chamber/grill temps close to what you currently use? Also can you leave the probe in the meat with the lid closed or will the black "handle" melt?

The ambient probe seemed to be inline with what I was used to. I was going to test that but couldn’t find my other maverick probe lol. After seeing how accurate the meat probe was I feel like the ambient temp is solid.
It is designed to stay in with grill closed. Not sure the high end of the limit but 350 was fine. Not sure about using in a Pk at 700 though!

"The Wyze Temp Fire monitor provides a local LED display along with WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity to
mobile devices while reading a wireless food probe inside the grill, oven, or rotisserie. When grilling
with charcoal or wood, an optional Bluetooth connected draft fan can be installed in the lower part of
the grill to maintain a precise grill cook temperature. "

interesting that the meat probe doesn't have a battery.

This is awesome! I got to meet one of the developers of this product last year and he was a hell of a smart guy. I'm glad the product is finally making it further in development and I love the concept. As far as I understand the probe inside the pit is Bluetooth and it transmits to the receiver unit which replaces the bi-metal thermometer. From there the receiver unit transmits via wi-fi, so this should give it a very long range to the Android / IoS apps.

This is awesome! I got to meet one of the developers of this product last year and he was a hell of a smart guy. I'm glad the product is finally making it further in development and I love the concept. As far as I understand the probe inside the pit is Bluetooth and it transmits to the receiver unit which replaces the bi-metal thermometer. From there the receiver unit transmits via wi-fi, so this should give it a very long range to the Android / IoS apps.

He must be one smart dude...they seem like really good people!

Another Steak...pulled when WyzeTemp had 120 and 130 illuminated.
JqDZMrpl.jpg

Trying on a center cut pork loin today.
EQUgA4ql.jpg

Back