Contest Results Smokin the Coeur d'Alene's

Jeff Selle

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have to be the first to congratulate "Smokin Hot Grillfriends," who won Grand Champion at "Smokin' the Coeur d'Alenes" and it was that team's first event! BBQ Brethren: "dgassaway" is the Head cook I believe

Great job man!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, what a weekend! I am still in shock, we did some things right and several things wrong or not as good as it should have been. Never expected the judges to like it as well as they did.

I have to say Greg and I had a great time. We met some really good friends and had a great time through the rain, wind and lightning Saturday night.

I hope we can all get together and do this again soon, like in Whitefish next month. Win or not, we really enjoy hanging out with you guys!

p.s. Good luck with the new job Pete! :becky:

I am sure there is a ton of super secrecy in bbq competitions, however if you guys have the time if we make it to Whitefish, we'd love to buy you a beer at the Great Northern and BS about how you do things. We seriously thought we outdid ourselves on the brisket ribs and butt, however on butt we had no sauce, because the flavor was so perfect, we just did our rub, an early wrap and kept a lot of its own love in there. Next time we are thinking of a vaunted vinegar sauce. Or do judges around here look for bbq sauce?

Anyway, congrats again. I was whooped last night, not because I was up late cooking but because I was up late doing other things that made my liver hate me on Sunday. Thank goodness Dave made us all breakfast.

I'll take you up on a drink at the Great Northern! Many good time we had in my skiing days in Whitefish! Wife worked for Amtrak, me for Burlington Northern and we took the ski train to Big Mountain for years!
Always loved the sign in the joint-liquor in the front-poker in the rear.

Hey guys, I'm all over a beer at Great Northern!

As far as secrecy goes, I'll be glad to share what little knowledge I have. I learned what I know, and am still learning from friends here on the forum and from the PNWBA classes who were nice enough to help out.

Great Northern. Next month. Whitefish. See you then.

i dave, ryan and i had a great time cooking next to you in idaho. congrats to greg and you on the win.

Ya'll shoulda seen the deer in the headlights look :shocked: on Davids face when they announced it! I had to tell him 3 times to get up there before either of them would move! :mrgreen:

Big congrats to David & Greg! Well Done! :eusa_clap I look forward to shiggin a few secrets from you for a change! :wink:

Definately on for a beer at the 'northern!! It'll only be about 2 blocks from the comp in downtown wfsh!

What do you mean deer in headlights look? I had to drive home like that! :eek:

We had a great time and are looking forward to cooking with you in Whitefish (Bob your coming right?). Looking forward to having a few cold ones at the Great Northern with everyone as well.

Oh..Ryan, don't forget I have a couple of bags of charcoal we hauled back for you. Call me this week and I'll get them and the large bottle of liquid smoke you left in CDA to you. :becky:

Dang, you guys are making whitefish sound tempting... I wish I could clone myself to cook there and Boise at the same time!

Dang, you guys are making whitefish sound tempting... I wish I could clone myself to cook there and Boise at the same time!

We'll miss you in Whitefish but you do Boise, that is an opportunity you can't pass up. Maybe we can cook together in Stevensville?

Oh..Ryan, don't forget I have a couple of bags of charcoal we hauled back for you. Call me this week and I'll get them and the large bottle of liquid smoke you left in CDA to you. :becky:

Did you leave me any LS?? I'm gonna need my muffin pan you borrowed back too... :heh:

Forget about us!! Go cook with Harry!

Back