Sublime Smokin Deck UDS completed!

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I set out to make myself a UDS. The limiting factor was that I can not do a burn out in my yard as my backyard is almost all deck with very little room for a patio. So other than doing it in the street out front (which the neighbors wouldn't of liked) I asked the guy that supplied the drum to me to do the burn out for me and for $30 extra bucks he did it. Thanks Chad at East Coast Smoking Wood for the drum, the burn out, and the great wood I have gotten from you!

I also learned that one of my neighbors was a welder! So I supplied the material and she welded a basket for me. She said that she wants some of the first batch of bbq that comes off the smoker for her time to bend and weld the basket and I happily agreed. This basket is a beast!
eEyZUJa.jpg
KEe2jqx.jpg

I had to add some bling to her, so I commissioned Marty Leach for the sweet handle with the grafitti font I wanted. He was very accommodating, super fast, and gave me a quality product I am very happy with! I will be ordering a few more handles from him for my Kettles in the future.
byR9UyG.jpg

Had to throw my simple yet stylish brand in some lime green on her so that if it should wonder away, people can return it to her home!
UxHUxBd.jpg

Had to touch up the drum and use some goo be gone to remove the adhesive around her name tag.
yJ5uBfz.jpg

And here is her grand debut! It sucks that I won't be able to get her dirty this weekend since I am out of town. But next weekend I am going to be consummating our relationship!
w3j8C6s.jpg

Sweet looking drum! There ain't a thing U about that there DS... :becky:

Looks great! Make sure you put some bricks under it before you fire it up on that deck!

Looks great! Make sure you put some bricks under it before you fire it up on that deck!

I am going to be using it on the patio part that isn't pictures on the deck. I just have it on that part of the deck since it is a covered deck. I have to keep her dry!

Nice lookin drum! WDS is the only way to go! I would highly Reccomend a ash pan so the it all lifts out at the same time and doesn't corrode the bottom of the drum.

Yep ash pan is key. I was thinking I would just shop vac out the ash from my one drum. Man what a mess that caused. I can't use my shop vac now without people thinking my house is burning down. I love the handle!

now thats a nice rig . want to see pics of the first cook

Nice lookin drum! WDS is the only way to go! I would highly Reccomend a ash pan so the it all lifts out at the same time and doesn't corrode the bottom of the drum.

I have a 18in pizza tray for an ashpan. I had just forgotten to take a picture of it once I had put it on with nuts and bolts.

Back