The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking to borrow/rent a backwoods or similar in SoCal new years weekend (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121607)

Smokin' Joe 12-05-2011 10:27 AM

Looking to borrow/rent a backwoods or similar in SoCal new years weekend

Brethren-
We are considering flying in to cook the double at Knotts Berry Farm over new years weekend looking to borrow or rent a backwoods or similar style cooker for the event. I'd be willing to pay or cover expenses if that helps. Would also need an easy up if you had one!
Send me a PM or post here if youd be willing to help!
Thanks!!!
Joe
TippyCanoe BBQ Crew

big brother smoke 12-05-2011 11:59 AM

No backwoods, but I have WSMs and I am not doing Knottsberry due to a commitment.:roll: If you fly in to LAX, I can meet you to and Fro.

huminie 12-05-2011 02:02 PM

I will be there cooking with my Backwoods Fatboy...it is the only one I have, so I can't lend it out...sorry!

Would love to meet you guys and talk Backwoods cookers if you decide to make it. Anything you need that I have is yours to borrow!

Scottie 12-05-2011 02:44 PM

Here is a fix Joe. Drive your RV and trailer out and leave it in Vegas for the end of March!!!!:becky:

ThomEmery 12-05-2011 04:22 PM

LOL Scottie
Ask at CBBQA Joe and tell em who you is
Just not that many Backwoods cookers out here

Garth57 12-05-2011 04:39 PM

PM sent Joe.

gtr 12-05-2011 04:42 PM

Is this an event any ole bum off the street such has myself can come & check out? I don't have a Backwoods btw.

big brother smoke 12-05-2011 05:06 PM

Yes any bum can check it out :-P

huminie 12-13-2011 06:56 PM

Saw you got on the list today Joe. I will be driving down from NorCal with my 5th wheel and BBQ trailer...traveling heavy. Let me know if I can bring anything that will help you out. Maybe ask Henry to put you next to us in case there is anything you need to borrow. Of course, that said, anyone will pretty much lend you anything you need, so no worries there. But just putting it out there for you.

Along those lines if you need something from someone in NorCal and you make the the arrangements, I could probably bring it down with me for you. Hopefully that will expand your reach for anything you need.

Looking forward to his contest!

Smokin' Joe 12-13-2011 07:20 PM

Thanks man I really appreciate it! BBQ folks and Brethren specifically are the best people in the world. I think we have everything we need from Craig and Thom but I really appreciate the offer. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Can't wait!!

4 smokin butts 12-13-2011 07:32 PM

:thumb:good luck , thom and craig worked with us this weekend,and had a good time ,we also got calls..... dennis

huminie 12-13-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe (Post 1879778)
Thanks man I really appreciate it! BBQ folks and Brethren specifically are the best people in the world. I think we have everything we need from Craig and Thom but I really appreciate the offer. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Can't wait!!

Ok, cool. If you think of anything last minute, just let me know! See ya in a few weeks!

ThomEmery 12-13-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 smokin butts (Post 1879788)
:thumb:good luck , thom and craig worked with us this weekend,and had a good time ,we also got calls..... dennis

You sure did with that new technique...........
sorry signal breaking up.... can't continue