The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   NorCal Cook for the Troops update (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175618)

landarc 11-19-2013 03:54 PM

NorCal Cook for the Troops update

Okay, I know I did a previous thread on this, and that link it right there. Linky

But, a funny thing happened at the base this morning, Mission Creep! As we were checking out the facility. Word somehow got out that there was going to be real cooking going on, and a whole bunch of the unit that had begged off changed their minds. So, we are now up to 350 people. Interesting...:wacko:

And so, I committed us to cook for all 350 folks. I only mention this, because if you had thought about donating a little, and I realize many of us, including me, have been donating to OBR, we could use a little pot sweetener here.

gtr 11-19-2013 04:16 PM

What's the best way to donate?

I figured I could dig that info up, but you'll probably get more hot donating action if you put the info up in this here thread as well.

landarc 11-19-2013 04:32 PM

That would give out my email to everyone and their scraper (I am not saying this site isn't safe, just to be clear Poobah). The best way is to PM me, and I will respond with my email for PayPal

gtr 11-19-2013 04:36 PM

Gotcha.

landarc 11-19-2013 07:27 PM

And now, we have the USO stepping in, and they will provide entertainment for the kids and drinks for everyone. This is entirely to the credit of Motoeric.

landarc 11-19-2013 08:32 PM

So, Marty and I have discussed this. We are directing any donations to his Paypal at:

[email protected]

Thanks for everything

yelonutz 11-19-2013 10:09 PM

Bob / Marty ;
For us out of towers.. may we come in on Fri night and stay till Sunday? I have a camper but don't require any hookups. I am not much of a cook but can provide an example of what not to be!!

NUTZ

landarc 11-19-2013 10:39 PM

If you can connect with Marty or someone, that can probably be worked out. We are not going to be on base overnight, that was going to be an issue. To many agencies involved. The commanding officer told us today, that he was having trouble clearing any overnights.

martyleach 11-19-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelonutz (Post 2700228)
Bob / Marty ;
For us out of towers.. may we come in on Fri night and stay till Sunday? I have a camper but don't require any hookups. I am not much of a cook but can provide an example of what not to be!!

NUTZ

Chips, you can park in front of my house. I am about 10 minutes away from the site and live at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. I plan on going to Bart's shop at 5am on Saturday to get packed up and then on to the base. You are welcome to ride along or whatever. Lemme know.

martyleach 11-19-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelonutz (Post 2700228)
Bob / Marty ;

NUTZ

Another option is to stay in Bart's Blazin' Q parking lot right outside his store. That's where it starts Saturday and that is where it ends....

landarc 11-19-2013 11:13 PM

If you head down John, bring some beer with you :biggrin1:

martyleach 11-20-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2700270)
If you head down John, bring some beer with you :biggrin1:

Dude, just show up. It would be great to meet you. Of course, if you came with big bottles of Narwahl I wouldn't be pissed off... :)