The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Leftovers in BBQ restaurants (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186447)

kds9547 04-17-2014 07:34 AM

How can you running out be better for the customer who has driven 30 miles to eat your food?

DaveAlvarado 04-17-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kds9547 (Post 2886884)
How can you running out be better for the customer who has driven 30 miles to eat your food?

Nobody is in business for one customer. It sucks to be the guy who drove 30 miles to find out they're sold out, but if you're driving 30 miles and hitting a BBQ place well after a meal time, it's a risk you take.

Hawg Father of Seoul 04-17-2014 08:01 AM

Around here... Day old would be fresh. Don't fool yourself this is why Bbq restaurants typically suck.

early mornin' smokin' 04-17-2014 08:26 AM

Dave, you hit the nail on the head. When we're open(currently friday-sunday) we're cooking pretty much around the clock thursday night-sunday afternoon. If you're showing up at 7:30-8pm for bbq, you obviously don't know what type of place it is. we carried over some brisket from 2 weekends ago, and last weekend made an awesome chili out of it. Sure, it sucks to be that one guy who drove from far away for your food and not get any, but if it were me, i'd rather honestly be told we don't have anything left, then watch a guy scramble to throw something together in the walk in and drop it in the microwave.

daninnewjersey 04-17-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kds9547 (Post 2886884)

I don't have a restaurant but I do cook in a farmer's market during the summer. Knock on wood....we sell out quite often. There are always people that don't get food. I simply tell them to cook proper BBQ takes a tremendous amount of time so when it runs out I can't just pop something in the smoker and have it done quickly. Every single person says the same thing...."oh, ok....we gotta get here earlier next week".

And sure enough...the following week they show up early.

Eggtastico 04-17-2014 09:00 AM

I am in the UK & always hope for leftovers when hosting a party so I can make Brunswick Stew.
Always Make the biggest batch possible. It was a new dish to me, until I stumbled upon Brethen forum.

Bludawg 04-17-2014 09:17 AM

Good Joints don't have leftovers because they run out then go fishin. I don't eat BBQ from restaurants ACK!