• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Pork In The Park Stamford, CT

Going to Troy this year. If they announced it earlier, might have given it a shot.

They are 2.5 hours away. I know we do not get a ton of comps in this area, but that seems like a far enough distance to attract teams from different geographic areas.

Thanks for having one in Ct! Bob ran the original one and that's where we first started in backyard. He is a cook, restaurant owner and a competitor so he knows what he is doing.

Unlike, say, Kansas that has a million comps, there aren't that many sanctioned contests in NE. We hate to miss a good one. There are a few open weekends in August now with the Maine comps dropping out, one of those dates might have been better.

Unlike, say, Kansas that has a million comps, there aren't that many sanctioned contests in NE. We hate to miss a good one. There are a few open weekends in August now with the Maine comps dropping out, one of those dates might have been better.

August would be too close to Bob's "Blues, Views" Westport Event which is Labor Day Weekend This Year. He had to pick a date and get this event off the ground, and with the event being a fundraiser for the interns at Mill River Park & Greenway and the Mayor’s Youth Employment Program there were more things to consider overall than just what is a good weekend for a BBQ Comp. So if 15 teams sign up this could be a CT State BBQ Championship, it will be held at a great new downtown location!

August would be too close to Bob's "Blues, Views" Westport Event which is Labor Day Weekend This Year. He had to pick a date and get this event off the ground, and with the event being a fundraiser for the interns at Mill River Park & Greenway and the Mayor’s Youth Employment Program there were more things to consider overall than just what is a good weekend for a BBQ Comp. So if 15 teams sign up this could be a CT State BBQ Championship, it will be held at a great new downtown location!

The Westport event hasn't been a full KCBS sanctioned event for several years - as far as most competition teams are concerned it doesn't exist.

I have seen a lot of organizers arrange events without taking into account what teams are looking for, and they sometimes struggle to get participants. Troy is "right next door" in pro BBQ terms.

I'm not sure if a first year 15 team event needs a proclamation for The Jack - it might. Would be nice if The Jack published all the rules, but they don't.

What's up with the Saturday check in time? Have to be there by 8 AM (9 on the KCBS application) when the cooks meeting is not till 4? I'm thinking of entering but the only way to get there from central NJ by that time is to check in Friday night which I'm not sure I can do.

Check is in the mail! Looking forward to this contest. Bobby runs a great event in Westport and I know he will do what it takes to make this one a success as well. See you there!

What's up with the Saturday check in time? Have to be there by 8 AM (9 on the KCBS application) when the cooks meeting is not till 4? I'm thinking of entering but the only way to get there from central NJ by that time is to check in Friday night which I'm not sure I can do.
Just wondering if you were going to be able to sign up?

just found out the prize money amounts...
Grand = $1500.00 (trophy)
RG = $1000.00 (trophy)
1st each category $400 (plaque)
2nd each category $250 (plaque)
3rd each category $150 (plaque)
4th each category $100 (plaque)
5th each category $75 (plaque)

Bump.

Anyone hear about the 2014 version of this? The web site says they are doing it, and KCBS lists it, and the organizer isn't answering my emails.

There is a 2014 application on the site, but prize money is listed at TBA. The application only lists a 20x20 site price, with no provision for larger sites, which isn't going to work for me.

I sent in my application. Bravo Zulu BBQ will be there. Taino Smokehouse from Middletown, CT is our sponsor. I'm looking forward to this one!

Back