2009 Chest to Chest quailfied contestants

EarlyBird

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This is the list that Kent sent me of the 2009 Chest to Chest qualifiers. If your name is on the list and you want to cook the Chest to Chest July 10, in Great Bend, KS, contact Kent Romine at kromine@opiwireless.com or 620-793-2985.

Quau
House of Q
Mean Dean's Smokin Machine
Sweet Peppers
Rock River BBQ
Parrothead Smokers
Better than a Big Mac
Twin Oak Smokin' Crew
Daddy Jack's
4 Legs Up Bbq
Can't Beat Our Meat
Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton
The Slabs . Com
Yellow Jacket BBQ
Twin Oak Smokin' Crew
Buffalo's Bbq
QSS Smokin
Brothers With Difference
Wild Blue
The Pickled Pig
Big Creek BBQ
Where's the Smoke
4 Men and a Pig
Smoky Mountain Smokers
Pellet Envy
4 Men and a Pig
Rogue Q Smokers
Early Bird BBQ :-D:-D:-D
Head Country II
Smokin Bones
Little Pig Town
Midnite Smoker
Adams Rib
Bubba & Jeff's BBQ
4 Legs Up Bbq
Swamp Boys BBQ, LLC
The Lady Pitmasters
Pitts & Spitts/Cook Strong
Nothin' Fancy
3 "B" BBQ
The Slabs . Com
Cawbo Wabo Q
The Slabs . Com
Late Additions

Plowboys BBQ
Second Line Smokin Krewe
Iowa's Smokey D's
Joey Mac's Smoke Stax

Hope to see you there

Last edited:
How in the heck do you qualify for this thing?! I have been looking for a loooong time to no avail.

Wow! That List has a lot of great teams on it! Congrats to everyone who was invited, and good luck.

Sweeeet - always been interested in this! :mrgreen:
Is this in conjunction with an event, or a stand-alone?
24 hours drive time is pretty looong :eek:

It is in conjuction with the 10th Annual Central Kansas Barbecue Cookoff in Great Bend, KS. The Brisket turn in is Friday evening July 10. The KCBS turn ins start at Noon on Saturday. Great Conest!

Brisket Pine Bluff AR
Brisket Decatur AL
Brisket Frisco CO
Brisket Dillon CO
Brisket Marshalltown IA
Brisket Waucoma IA
Brisket Great Bend KS
Champion Great Bend KS
Brisket Dodge City KS
Champion Dodge City KS
Brisket Lenexa KS
Res Champion Great Bend KS
Champion Great Bend KS
Brisket Great Bend KS
Champion Great Bend KS
Res Champion Great Bend KS
Brisket Emporia KS
Brisket KC GAB KS
Brisket KC GAB KS
Brisket Paola KS
Brisket Raytown MO
Brisket Blue Springs MO
Brisket Laurie MO
Brisket Warrensburg MO
Brisket KC Royal Open MO
Champion KC Royal Open MO
Brisket KC Royal Inv MO
Champion KC Royal Inv MO
Brisket KCMO
Brisket Reserve Champion KCMO
Champion KCMO Res Champion KCMO
Brisket LaPlatte NE
Brisket Bellevue NE
Brisket Ponca OK
Brisket Tulsa OK
Brisket Jenks OK
Brisket New Holland PA
Brisket Lebanon TN
Brisket Lynchburg TN
Champion Lynchburg TN
Brisket Lawerenceburg TN
Brisket Terligua TX
Brisket Houston TX
Brisket Humble TX
Brisket Meridan TX
Bisket Terrell TX
Brisket Grand Prairie TX
Grand Champion Grand Prairie TX
Grand Champion Great Bend KS 1st Annual Chest to Chest
Grand Champion Great Bend KS 2nd Annual Chest to Chest
Grand Champion Great Bend KS 3rd Annual Chest to Chest

Yes, with the exception of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd annual chest to chest winners.

It's definitely a long shot for us folks in Dixie, Rub. You'd need a second job to pay for travel to most of those events!

Seems like a KC area thing.

It's definitely a long shot for us folks in Dixie, Rub. You'd need a second job to pay for travel to most of those events!

Gowan, I managed to work in a cookoff with a family vacation to TN last year, which is where I qualified.
Sometimes you've gotta get resourceful 8)

My next family vacation is going to include a disney trip and a couple of contests down your way...

But the chest to chest is not in the KC area...
the Butt to Butt is in Shannon, IL

I'd love an invite to an invitational down your way... no one is putting one on.... yet ( at least that I have been invited to)

Of course there is the Polar Swine Invitational :twisted: I'm sure you could get an invite to that!!!:rolleyes:

I'd love an invite to an invitational down your way... no one is putting one on.... yet ( at least that I have been invited to)

The Best of the Best in Douglas GA is an excellent Invitational contest.
LMK when you're coming to the southeast and I'll help hook you guys up with an FBA event or two.

The Best of the Best in Douglas GA is an excellent Invitational contest.
LMK when you're coming to the southeast and I'll help hook you guys up with an FBA event or two.

Now if I could just get an invite to that... I didnt see anything on the website that talked about what it takes to get in

Actually Rub - I will definately let you know... I am thinking there are a couple back to back events in Jan.... so I may try to pull that trip off, if Im lucky :twisted:

Now if I could just get an invite to that... I didnt see anything on the website that talked about what it takes to get in

Actually Rub - I will definately let you know... I am thinking there are a couple back to back events in Jan.... so I may try to pull that trip off, if Im lucky :twisted:

You can qualify for The Best of the Best by coming in the top 5 (usually they end up going 10 or so down) in any of the major sanctioning bodies. I'm sure there are other ways in, you'd have to ask the organizer Kell Phelps (kell at barbecuenews dot com). If the Invitational doesn't work out there is always the Open. It's a great weekend of contests with real nice payouts.

Yep, there's several contests in central FL in January. I'll be happy to help you coordinate stuff or store a trailer, loan stuff, or whatever. LMK.

There's Douglas, and Dillard is an invitational. Then there's this little thing we have called "The Jack" in Tennessee... :mrgreen:

Chest to Chest

If any contests organizers would like to see about becoming a qualifier for the Chest to Chest Invitational contact Kent Romine kromine@opiwireless.com or 620-793-2985, I am sure he would love to add more contests from other regions. It is not just a KC area qualifing, there are contests from Texas, Iowa, Tennessee, Pennyslvania, and Alabama in addition to the states closer to Kansas.

Kent is expecting 20+ teams for the Chest to Chest, the more the merrier! And if you didn't qualify at other contests there are several chances to qualify in the Central Kansas Barbecue contest right after the Chest to Chest so come on in and join the fun.

David Keyse
Great Bend KS

So the 2009 AR Open Champ is qualified for the 2010 Chest to Chest?
And the 2010 GAB Invite Brisket Winner is qualified for the 2011 Chest to Chest?

I'd sure like to get the PNWBA hooked up with this invite - hint-hint!!

I know Ranchers Reserve is sponsoring a Brisket Challenge at the Oregon State Fair Competition in August, that could be a qualifier (if ya know what I mean)

Back