The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Roll Call. Inside 30 days. NYC BBQ Cook-Off, Staten Island, NY (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184495)

BBQchef33 03-28-2014 12:43 AM

Look for the flaming pig also.. BBQ Brethren will be there.

SmokedUpBBq 03-28-2014 08:28 AM

Doing the PC also ..

Quick question.. how many butts does everyone do for one of these comps

dreed 03-28-2014 02:56 PM

Don't get excited with the PC, just serve your left over butts from the comp. The PC isn't done correctly and like most PC a local person usually wins. Last year teams were charging people their one coin to taste the pork. The first year a local team sent their kids over to our site to yell obscenities at us and at the people on our line. The team that was yelling profanities was the one that won.

teams have asked the organizers to change the way it is done, but they can't seem to wrap their heads around that concept.

Last year they actually had 2 pork butts donated to each team.

CodyJ. 03-28-2014 03:33 PM

You gotta be kidding. There's a grand up for grabs. That's some BS

CodyJ. 03-28-2014 03:45 PM

I am going to bring a super soaker. That ought to take care of those kids. Ha ha

DanB 03-28-2014 06:13 PM

Admission Fee

Hi WOW $12.00 to get in..:doh: I'll think I will pass this one..
Good Luck to all the Brethren members, that will be competing..
DanB

maltland 03-28-2014 07:37 PM

The Redneck Smoke Club will be there.

NS Mike D 03-28-2014 10:42 PM

Good luck folks Going to have to pass this year. Had a ton of fun last year, even driving with the trailer on the BQE was an experience.

I think my hand is still numb up from a Blazing Butt high five when they got called.

BBQchef33 03-28-2014 11:17 PM

I bailed on the PC due to the stories I've heard. They called me several times to join in and I jsut dont have the time or patience or capacity to deal with it this year. Competing is gonna be hard enough since im coming back from florida on wednesday and will have one day to prepare.

Hooked4Life 03-29-2014 07:42 AM

Packin' Heat BBQ will be there. We will have our 2 new Humphreys Smokers if anyone wants to check them out.

This is our first time at the event, and it will be great to be close to home. Its dissapointing to hear about the PC event. We will see what happens.

Hooked4Life 03-29-2014 02:02 PM

For the teams that did this event last year, is there anything for friends to do at the event? From their site it doesnt look like there is anything to do, but they charge $12 a person. It seems kind of steep.

eggzlot 03-30-2014 08:44 AM

There are a few kids rides and games, vendors selling sodas and funnel cake and a few other misc things. and I think the $12 gets you a tasting kit for the People's Choice.

dr pearl 03-30-2014 12:42 PM

The $12 entry for public is for the PC tasting and this is a fundraiser for the Historic Richmond Town. Isn't a lot to do for the public outside of walking around and tasting pork. It is an interesting old historic park, like a smaller version of Historic Williamsburg.
I am doing the PC just to help this event be a qualifier to the GC for the Royal & Jack. Last year, like Dana said, they gave us all 2 butts. Will use practice pork from next weekend and leftover pork from the comp to feed the public, but don't expect to win unless your name is "Richmond County Pit Bros." If you are doing KCBS, the PC is only $25. I'll take those 2 butts home with me. If I run out of pork, so what?

dr pearl 03-30-2014 12:45 PM

There was a lot of interest last year due to the filming of BBQ Pitmasters as well. That won't be happening this year.

DanB 03-30-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanB (Post 2861478)
Hi WOW $12.00 to get in..:doh: I'll think I will pass this one..
Good Luck to all the Brethren members, that will be competing..
DanB

From their site it doesnt look like there is anything to do, but they charge $12 a person. It seems kind of steep.
I feel the same way $12.00 to get in , when I wanted just to go for the comp..
There is always Red/White N Que and Que by the Sea.
DanB