Another Meatloaf recipe

pal251

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just
DJvt7y2I
got done cooking a meatloaf on the ole UDS. I have been using the UDS more than my WSM as of late.

I will try to find the recipe because I copied it off of someone else's post but here is what I remember of what I put in it

2 LBS of ground chuck
1 pound of ground pork
half a white onion or so.
a dash of Ms. Dash herb seasoning.
Tablespoon of kosher salt
teaspoon of black pepper
2 lightly whipped eggs
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup or so of ketchup
1/3 sleeve of ritz crackers in place of bread crumbs

I smashed it all together and put it on one of those roasting pans ..will try to find a photo of it.

I cooked it at 300 to 350...it was hard to get the UDS to stay at temp today with the wind.

I did let it firm up for about half an hour in the fridge while the UDS was attempting to temper off. In the last 15 minutes or so I brushed some more Ketchup on it and turned the uds up to 400 to brown it up some.

Nice! I do all kinds of similar meatloaves on my kettle. This weekend I made a loaf with 1 lb bulk Cajun pork sausage and two lbs. ground venison and pecan & apple wood.

Forgot to mention I used mostly cherry wood with kingsford blue charcoal. I have no idea how long it took to cook it because I just checked in it every half hour or so and once it hit around 155 to 160 average when I used the thermapen I put the ketchup on it and let it get super hot for a bit.

i use the Quaker Oats recipe , but substitute Dr. PEPPER BBQ sauce for ketchup , and cook it on my Treager , turns out nice

Smoked loaf is the ONLY way to cook it.Looks great.K.i.s.s. method beats em all.Good Job.:thumb:

Back