THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smokinbutts

Full Fledged Farker
Yesterday I did three racks of ribs and trimmed them up real well... I took all the pices I cut off to square it up in a foodsaver bag and too the freezer... What do the bretheren do with these leftovers?

I hit mine with salt & pepper and they go on the pit with the ribs some times they are beer snacks for the pitmaster and some times they get used in place of ham hocks in my beans

Yep. Mine get thrown on the smoker with the ribs. Because they're thinner they get done faster. I like to use them as teasers for what's to come for whoever is around.

Throw in a bag with some jerk marinade, cook, and put over peas and rice Jamaican style.

Usually will take the left over rib tips from the cook and seal them with the food saver. Sometimes they will end up as a future quick meal or in beans.

Back