Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2012 Riverfest Red, White, & Que Bellvue, NE July 20-21

Smitty250

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Any Brethren competing this year at Riverfest in Bellvue, NE? I will be flying out for this Competition and look forward to meeting some Brethren from the area. My buddy from high school is stationed at Offut AFB, he is a CBJ and wants to get into the competition side. I will be cooking and competing as my team (Loot N' Booty BBQ) and he will be helping out. Hope to see some of ya'll there!

-Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ
Scottsdale, AZ

Darn it :icon_blush:, it seems that I'll be in Waterloo, Iowa that weekend. Good luck to you guys!

I'll be there as a judge. Looking forward to some fine BBQ!!! Cheers, and good luck!!!

I am Smitty250's friend, looking forward to my first comp. This should be fun and educational. I will be taking a lot of notes.

Last edited:
We will be there as well. Most of us will be there Friday night, I willl be showing up early Saturday morning.

I wish I was cooking in this one, but i should be at the two Nebraska comps in August I hope.

We'll be there, "back at the river at last"!!! better than last year's parking lot fest, went to Kramer Park last week to check it out, looks nice, it's right across the road from Hayworth Park... should be fun, See You There, Bud "flyingwrench Smokin Pit Crew"

Look forward to meeting you Bud. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good place to get meat in the Bellvue area?

Thanks!

Good luck out there buddy!..we will be watching those results..I'm sure you'll get shown some Midwest love just like we were!

I've had good luck with ribs from "B. I. G." meats in millard Ne., not to far from Bellevue, Sam's in Co. Bluffs, or in Omaha usually has decent shoulders and "packer briskets" you can save quite a bit if you buy at the "case price", and you'll have more to choose from, it's kind of alot all at once, but if you have a freezer it's a good way to save a few dollars in the long run, Bellevue is usually a BIG competition and pulls in some big name teams with tough competition, usually around 70+ teams, really looking foreward to it!! Also you might hit the "HUB" out on Dodge st. in omaha for rubs & sauces etc... it's cool place to check out if you haven't allready...

I'm the Bellevue friend stationed at Offutt that will be assisting Smitty. I might go check out B.I.G this week.

Back