The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Question about TOY (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72980)

Just Pulin' Pork 11-20-2009 04:05 PM

Question about TOY

2010 will be my 4th year competing. Has the TOY ever been this close in the past? I will admit its fun to see the results over the last 2-3 weeks. I do think it is a huge testiment to the teams that are driving all over the country going after this trophy. Its too bad this is not getting anymore pub. It would be a neat story to present to television to show the time, money and energy invloved in going to these contests over the last month and a half.

Scottie 11-20-2009 04:09 PM

We have never had the actual points in front of us like this in the past.... They also completely revamped the points scoring a couple of years ago as well.

So the answer is no....

Plowboy 11-20-2009 04:12 PM

I agree. Really fun to watch.

HoDeDo 11-22-2009 07:36 PM

My season is over.... but I will take 5th next to the rest of these guys any day. Can't wait to see how Tempe comes out!!!

Plowboy 11-22-2009 07:51 PM

Proud of you, Andy. Congrats on all that you've accomplished this year.

Butcher BBQ 11-22-2009 08:06 PM

Yes Andy congrats on this year and your most prize moment might be that huge hug you gave our BBQ Teddy Bear at the AR.

Really congrats, see you next year.

Rub 11-22-2009 08:35 PM

Great to meet you this weekend Andy, hope you made it back in time for the show.
Thanks for the parsely tip. I think I got my time down to 45 minutes per. :oops: :lol:

HoDeDo 11-22-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rub (Post 1092996)
Great to meet you this weekend Andy, hope you made it back in time for the show.
Thanks for the parsely tip. I think I got my time down to 45 minutes per. :oops: :lol:

Well, all I can say, is if Kim could have explained it, you'd have gotten them down to 30 min.:razz:

Thanks!! and It was great getting to meet you also, sorry I didnt get to hang out more!

HoDeDo 11-22-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 1092931)
Proud of you, Andy. Congrats on all that you've accomplished this year.

Thanks brother. Been one hell of a ride the last couple years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butcher BBQ (Post 1092961)
Yes Andy congrats on this year and your most prize moment might be that huge hug you gave our BBQ Teddy Bear at the AR. Really congrats, see you next year.

That was one heck of a moment. Having spent alot of time in that trailer (or mine)with that Teddy Bear, well - I couldnt have been happier if I'd have won myself. I am still thinkin the best moment for me, involving our buddy was after getting the call from butt 2 butt, being able to call todd after our awards at chest 2 chest... and tell him I won. To me, that was the best point of the season, being able to share those successes... It was tooooo awesome to describe.

Ron_L 11-22-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoDeDo (Post 1092916)
My season is over.... but I will take 5th next to the rest of these guys any day. Can't wait to see how Tempe comes out!!!

Congrats on a great year, Bro! Can you do me a favor? Stay out of this area next year? :biggrin:

Divemaster 11-23-2009 11:09 AM

Congrats bro, you did great and all of us proud!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 1093047)
Congrats on a great year, Bro! Can you do me a favor? Stay out of this area next year? :biggrin:

What ^^^^ said....

Scottie 11-23-2009 11:20 AM

Well Andy... I welcome you to come back. Only had the opportunity once last year and I welcome another shot at you. Assuming you can stay away from NY... :roll:

To be the best, you have to compete against the best. Not run and hide...

Ron_L 11-23-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1093474)
Well Andy... I welcome you to come back. Only had the opportunity once last year and I welcome another shot at you. Assuming you can stay away from NY... :roll:

To be the best, you have to compete against the best. Not run and hide...

It was humor... Hence the :biggrin:. I'd love to hang and cook with them again, too!

Scottie 11-23-2009 11:49 AM

You did have a smiley Ron. Then I thought I was missing something when folks that didn't even compete against him don't want him back....

And for the record, I wish all the top teams would come on up. We have enough here from our parts, might as well make it a good party....

Ford 11-23-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1093509)
And for the record, I wish all the top teams would come on up. We have enough here from our parts, might as well make it a good party....

Ditto on that. Miss seeing a lot of people. One of the nicest contsts I've been to is in the U.P. of MI and I'd love to see some of the "big boys" come up and learn what a Yupper is and just how well they can party.