Sausage stuffed pork loin

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I had a very long time and dear friend and his wife over for dinner tonight. He has some serious health issues and is going to Cleveland Clinic tomorrow for evaluations.

I wanted to fix a special meal for them, so I did a "sausage stuffed" pork loin where I butterflied it then fried up some sausage and then put in food processor with some cheese, bread crumbs and egg, garlic and red pepper flakes. Smeared it on the loin, then rolled and tied and put on rotissierie on grill. I also made some packaged wild and Wehani rice along with a salad consisting of heirloom tomatoes, avacado, red onion, mozzeralla cheese with a lemon/basil vinagerette dressing. I also made up some homemade apple sauce to go with it as well.

I like the idea of pre-cooking the sausage so that I do not have to worry about overcooking the loin to make sure sausage is done. That being said, with a "rolled" loin, it was kinda difficult to get a good temp reading on it. It was a tad overdone for my taste but was still juicy and had a good flavor. They all loved it.

Last edited:
Its great to have friends like that! Looks good, might have to try that myself sometime.

That's a tasty looking meal there Mike! I bet they loved it.

Beautiful!!!

I really need to learn how to butterfly pork loin.

Try layering Italian sausage, fetta cheese, bell pepper, portabella mushrooms, bbq seasoning, lots of minced garlic and green onion. Roll it back up and throw it on smoker with apple chips for 1 1/2hrs at 230F and then wrap in foil for another 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. Will be made for a 5 star restaurant!!! You can also bacon wrap it for different flavor. Don't smoke it too long, will become too rich in smoke flavor, since tenderloin absorbs smoke quickly.

Back