• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Taste of Autumn BBQ Cook-off - Spearfish, SD

Gadragonfly

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We're going out to judge this contest on September 20/21. Are there any Brethren planning to be there (judges or cooks)?
Julie
ps: We'll be the ones that say y'all :grin:

I will be there competing. Teaming up with another local competitor to do this one together.

tduffy, what will your team name be, and may we stop by to say hello? Arrowhead, we'll see you in the judging tent. Looking forward to meeting new friends far, far away from home. Julie

Going to drive down for a last kick at a KCBS comp before the Jack. See everyone there!

Sorry I didn't get replied quicker. We were acme burnt offerins. Wish I could have gotten to meet you

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet you as well, tduffy. We had a wonderful time at this contest. Everyone we met were so friendly and welcoming. The contest was well run and the venue fantastic. I have photos from the event that I'll post eventually. I have to filter through a lot of photos that were taken over the past five days while we were in the area.

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet you as well, tduffy. We had a wonderful time at this contest. Everyone we met were so friendly and welcoming. The contest was well run and the venue fantastic. I have photos from the event that I'll post eventually. I have to filter through a lot of photos that were taken over the past five days while we were in the area.

I have a question for you. What did you think of the BBQ here in South Dakota at this contest? How does it compare to other regions that you have judged? As a cook that doesn't get too far out of the midwest I would like any feedback on what you tasted. What kind of flavor profiles you got and how you liked them. Too sweet/spicy, etc.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Glad you enjoyed the contest. Hope you guys make the trip next year. It was a well organized event and I am planning on returning.

Wish we could have made it, but I had tickets to the Replacements here in Denver that I simply could not miss! :)

Back