• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Popdaddy Breaks Silence on Dirty Dalmatian (new Video)

B

barbefunkoramaque

View attachment 28861
Press Release from GV Studios, Funkytown USA

June 10, 2009 Associated Funkmasters Of 'Merica (FOM) Press
Mark Urgent - From Funkmaster South

Today the Fabulous Popdaddy has called Pitmaster "T" on the bag phone (the one found at Good Will in 2002 which never has a problem running out of battery power in regards to hearing from Popdaddy) from his Stretch Delorean Somewhere near Palmer Ave in Texas City, and has authorized to release one of several full production videos From his Vault.

Videos up for release are...

Bigmista and Pitmaster "T" Chili Sauce 4 - "Never get Married" - With Neil Bigmista Strawler (Funkmaster West) starring as the Father of Popdaddy

Chili Sauce 5 - "That Ain't Lake Minnetonka" starring Pitmaster "T" in all roles.

Dirty Dalmatian Rub for Hot and Fast Q - Lessons in Juciicittessenessesarianisms

Tony Montanta teaches the Weeping Hot and Fast Spare Ribs technique.
"This all there is Mainge? Eating, drinking, farking, sarking????"

The Winner is Lessons in Juicicitytesninesses.

Release within Minutes.

This will be a a dual release on the Popdaddys BBQ Channel as well as the Christian Minnie Howell Good Vittles and Wood Cookery Society channel.

This release concerns his age old Bovine Dirty Dalmatian Final Rub and its role in Hot and Fast Brisket.

This is a Grimmacing Vulva Studios release

Last edited by a moderator:
Release delayed by the misspelling of one word throughout the video.

Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!Dalmatian!

Nice work funk... putting videos together is a labor of love after cooking all that meat..

the approach certainly seems solid and worth the effort to try for those who have not.

Awesome video Popdaddy, best one yet! Very informative, should be a "must view" for anybody attempting high heat brisket. Any recipes for the "low salt" type rub you recommend for the overnighter? Thanks again, that was great!

Dalmatian was spelled Dalmation in the video and Course should be spelled Coarse. Picky I know but you made a point about the spelling. Nice looking briskets and rigs.

LOL Fixing it now... it drive me crazy and I bet my old english teacher a free brisket everytime she spots an error (that is beyond funk talk) and she has collected one since then.

New spelling corrected Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMVK0-aR2sA

View attachment 28884
High Heat Briskets weeping at the Stall...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that video, gives me a clue how to proceed on a hot and fast brisket.

Great video! The amount of rub is amazing. Any sugar used at all?

Thanks,

No... the final rub, is large grained stuff of mostly salt and pepper.

Years ago, when I was goofing round with the process, I cannot tell you how much I never really trusted myself.

Sometimes I would think it was too much and spray the whole batch with a water hose thereby knocking it lots of it off,

Sometimes I would flip it a lot to knck it off. Or baste it, mop it.

worst mistake is to foil it thereby catching too much of the drippings and making it all too salty.

Also, mot trusting your instincts and inadvertenly taking off a chunk or letting someone from your team that has no idea about the process take a chunk too soon.... it will be too salty, and REAL peppery and will make you want to do the things above to lower the solution of the meat.

BUT

leave it alone and it all balances out, mellows out because the outer edges either drip off (the salt literally slowly disSAPPEARS INTO THE MEAT) or get drawn in to the meat over the smoke time.... which of course is less due to the hot and fast theme.

Also, as the video says... do NOT leave the final rub on the meat... EVER. This is a rub and drop on the pit.
I Did once have to tone it down slightly for an elderly crowd and simply dumped it like normal but rubbed the rub in more than I did on the video.

Butt glitter rub 7th post down..

video aint bad either

Back