The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   American Royal Invitational Results Thread (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70122)

Rub 10-04-2009 08:57 PM

Plowboy you have lit it up this year, congrats! Also big congrats to Caveman as well.
Hard to beat a 1-2 Brethren finish!

Sledneck 10-04-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ Bandit (Post 1045022)
Looks like it it time for Phil to add the GC embellishments on some Brethren banners.
!!

Pfffft good luck on that one:rolleyes:

Plowboy 10-04-2009 09:54 PM

Thank you everyone. When you do this, you watch someone put that crown and cape on and think how cool it would be. Then, one day, it happens to you. First, you don't know how you got there or what to do. It isn't like you haven't won a contest before(invitational cooks that is). But this is THE AMERICAN ROYAL. This is the grand daddy! This is the square off with many of the top teams in the country. This can't be happening. SNAP. It is over. WTF just happened.

With three top ten calls with a 1st and a 5th, I knew I was in it to win it... but you don't KNOW until you hear that name. Then you don't know if you are going to have a heart attack or piss yourself. I was same close to pissing myself. This can't be happening.

All I could think of was what Mark Hyman told Andy and I when we won our first GC together: Breathe. The flood of friends and well wishers after wards was not only appreciated, but heart warming. It is humbling to know how many people want to come out of their way to come congratulate you. That is how the BBQ community is. We're cutting each other's throats from noon until 1:25p, but then it is a band of brothers.

Since we didn't have meat prepped for Sunday's Open, that began between visits with others. By 2am, we were done for the night and set to get up at 6am. Well, that's when it all hit me. I'm in my trailer all alone sleep and the events of the awards are playing through my head. I go out and walk for a while and end up going to sleep until 4pm.

I am home now. It still seems unreal. I can't grasp the weight of it. It was an experience I'll NEVER forget.

Plowboy 10-04-2009 09:58 PM

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._8082577_n.jpg

BurntFinger_Jason 10-04-2009 10:01 PM

Congrats Todd!!! I'm glad I could keep you company at 4:00 am while you were wandering around your kingdom. Can't wait to see you and Bob having breakfast at the Big Biscuit in your crown and capes!!!! :)

SmokeInDaEye 10-04-2009 10:10 PM

I lost to todd by 94 places and couldnt be happier! On the train now after the craziest, best trip of my life! So many stories to retell and so many great new friends but i need to see my family now then get to editing some crazy amount of video footage including Todds brilliant win and the cooler-mobile cam from the dark side. WOW!!!

Rickwieser 10-04-2009 10:11 PM

congrats

congrats Todd. You have come a long way and deserve it. Seems a long long time ago that we all shared a table at the kcbs banquet. Way to go. Couldnt happen to a nicer team.
Rick aka Rickwieser

SloppyQ 10-04-2009 10:52 PM

Todd sorry I missed the big dance, congrats buddy. Caveman way to go.

Roo-B-Q'N 10-05-2009 08:07 AM

Todd it was awesome to watch those awards and have the tension build. Congrats to you and Randy! Great job.

Caveman it was nice meeting you and your wife. Congrats on RGC tough competitioin there!

bruskee 10-05-2009 10:47 AM

Congrats Todd, it was fun to watch ..

Chad, great run man.. !

Scot

Stu's Q 10-05-2009 12:01 PM

You are the man Todd!! Huge congrats bro and good to see you.:-D:-D

Stu
Stu's Q BBQ

Plowboy 10-05-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu's Q (Post 1045755)
You are the man Todd!! Huge congrats bro and good to see you.:-D:-D

Stu
Stu's Q BBQ

Give em hell at the Jack, Stu. Represent the Plowboys Nation down there!!! :eusa_clap

Pit Mama 10-05-2009 12:32 PM

Wow, amazing! Congrats Plowboys and all who walked!

watg? 10-05-2009 05:35 PM

Congrats to Todd/Plowboys and to all that were called.

Smokin' Joe 10-05-2009 05:47 PM

Congrats to all the brethren in the invite, it was great to hear so many familiar names. A big congrats to Todd, I WANNA BE A PLOWBOY BABY:lol: