Brisket and Gravy over Biscuits w/Pron

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I need to come up with new lunch specials. We reuse some but we still like to have something new too. I try and make it from what we have in the restaurant so I don't have much waste.

Today I came up with the title of the thread.
When I reheat my brisket, I save the drippings. I usually put the drippings in a container in the fridge. This separates the fat and makes it easy to just pull off the top.

I used that fat to make a roux. I cooked this for a couple minutes, then added the glaze that was under the fat. I then added water until it was to a gravy consistency.

I had biscuits leftover for brunch on Sunday that I heated up along with 5oz of burnt ends. Added the burnt ends to the gravy and put it over the biscuit. I didn't have to add any seasoning. There was enough in the glaze from the brisket.

This had a nice smoked beef flavor and the biscuit toned down the gravy really well. I'll post a picture when I get home. I can't do it from my phone.
Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I forgot to take the cover off my phone.

I don't know of anyone has donor this way before, I know I haven't seen this on any menus. It will be a special soon .

Last edited:
It sounds great, would make an even greater large breakfast special with an egg on top. Then again, I like a fried on top of most things.

It sounds great, would make an even greater large breakfast special with an egg on top. Then again, I like a fried on top of most things.

This is more like a hot beef sandwich, but no potatoes.

Brisket and gravy. Damn. You're a genius Bryan. :thumb: Why have we not thought of this before???

On another note, are you going to be able to make it to the Bash this year? If so, we gotta have some of your B & G Bryan Style. :thumb::thumb:

Brisket and gravy. Damn. You're a genius Bryan. :thumb: Why have we not thought of this before???

On another note, are you going to be able to make it to the Bash this year? If so, we gotta have some of your B & G Bryan Style. :thumb::thumb:

As much as I would like to make it, I won't be able to swing it financially.

I am surprised no one has done this before. I may have to try this with pulled pork and see how that comes out.

Outstanding idea. :eusa_clap

This might finally make me come up and try your joint. Really isn't that far away :idea:

Back