Wanna Learn to cook like Aaron Franklin?

centexsmoker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just saw that Aaron is teaming up with our local PBS affiliate to produce a youtube series on everything he knows about bbq. From buying and modding a smoker, to buying, trimming, and cooking meat and much more. The series is being shot now and will start airing this month some time. Here is the link that explains it all:

http://www.indiegogo.com/BBQwithFranklin?c=home

This link does have a donate feature- that's not what I am suggesting. I threw in a little support but I live here and have met aaron and love his food. Donate if ya want but certainly take advantage of the videos when they come out. It's going to be epic.

Thanks for the heads up! Austin is a great town. I hope you appreciate all the great BBQ and history there is around the area. I am hoping to visit again soon.

Cool THx brotha:thumb: a lot of great stuff here, pleases no one else move here:loco:

Thanks for the heads up! Austin is a great town. I hope you appreciate all the great BBQ and history there is around the area. I am hoping to visit again soon.

Thanks Bo. I've moved here 3 times so I hope it will eventually stick! I love it here. As you can probbaly tell, I'm totally hooked on this town and a huge fan of our food (and football) culture.

Really enjoying this forum too. I'm a regular on the BGE forum but heard some great stuff from other guys there so I thouhgt I would check it out.

The BGE forum is awesome! But, this place is much more well rounded with a lot of knowledge beyond the BGE. Welcome to the brethren, this is THE place to be for outdoor cooking.

The BGE forum is awesome! But, this place is much more well rounded with a lot of knowledge beyond the BGE. Welcome to the brethren, this is THE place to be for outdoor cooking.

correct. It's a great place but I love to see all the different angles. Still feeling my way out here but can really see it's a good spot. I love my egg but I'm all about cooking. I've owned a restaurant, a gourmet grocery store, a prime steak and seafood counter and a catering business. I love it all (outside of losing my ass on commercial food businesses!)

I really love seeing all the angles and that is certainly in play here.

Thanks and welcome to the Bretheren. Looking forward to the series (and my new koozie :thumb:)

Thanks for the heads up! I've only read some articles on Aaron and saw him judging the last season of pitmasters. From pitmasters, it seems to like his food nice and simple: salt, pepper and the right smoke/temp

Thanks for the heads up! I've only read some articles on Aaron and saw him judging the last season of pitmasters. From pitmasters, it seems to like his food nice and simple: salt, pepper and the right smoke/temp

Yep- It's so simple but the quality of the food is amazing. Can't wait for the videos to start rolling out.

Why sure I would. Most of all, though....I'd like to get PAID like him! :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Back