KCBS & FBA Cooking School

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow (Friday) I head for north Florida to attend a competition cooking school. This school covers KCBS & FBA rules, turn-ins and such (they also do a MIM school).

The instructors are Myron & David from Jack's Old South and James Britt and Buster from Britts BBQ. Combined these guys have 160 Grand Championships. Jack's Old South took GC at the Mobile KCBS cookoff last March (yeah, I was there) and both teams took honors at a March MIM event in Georgia. You may have seen Myron & David recently on FoodTV and they'll be on the BBQ Challenge on OLN starting this weekend.

I'm looking forward to the weekend - only about 20 students and we'll work through both Saturday and Sunday. All aspects should be covered as well as sauce development and rubs and injections.

Hopefully I'll get some pics. But the main thing is seeing if I can get Southern Brethren out of the middle of the pack!! :D

It'll be fun and very educational - but I'm going to miss cooking at Grillkings! :D

Hope you guys walk the stage several times!

Sounds like a great opportunity! Remember... We all share what we know... :wink:

Re: RE: KCBS & FBA Cooking School

Ron_L said:
Sounds like a great opportunity! Remember... We all share what we know... :wink:
Rest assured--he will :wink: :wink: :wink:
Right after Dillard, Key Largo, and .....????
Nevermind--he will get back to you :lol:

David--Karen and I will see ya Sunday PM for "commencement" :lol:

TIM

RE: Re: RE: KCBS & FBA Cooking School

That is a great lineup of instructors, I'm jealous, would love to take that class.

RE: Re: RE: KCBS & FBA Cooking School

We've been whupped by Jack's Old South several times! Haven't had the opportunity to meet Britt and Buster until this weekend.

I'm looking for some tips to help us be more consistent and more consistent a bit higher in the field! :D

Back