The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Burn Ban! WTFark???? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168047)

funugy 08-08-2013 04:29 PM

Burn Ban! WTFark????

So their is a burn ban in my county. Not really a big deal I thought, until I found out that the burn ban includes CHARCOAL GRILLS. WTF??? REALLY??? Apparently the ban does not include gassers. The problem is I got rid of my gassers 5 years ago.

I don't condone breaking the law, but I just may have to become a renegade and fire up the Weber tonight anyways. Wife wants some burgers and wangs for the football game tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot....GO HAWKS!

caseydog 08-08-2013 04:34 PM

Here in Texas, County judges issue burn bans, but cities enforce them as appropriate.

In my suburban city, no burning of any kind is allowed in rural areas, where a wildfire can run, well, wild.

In residential neighborhoods, charcoal grills are allowed, as the risk of a fire running wild is not very high.

So, you may want to check and see how burn bans are enforced where you live.

CD

deepsouth 08-08-2013 04:38 PM

so many states, so many fire nazis.

DownHomeQue 08-08-2013 04:39 PM

I say wet the yard down good.. and cook on! lol .. They won't catch you trust me..

funugy 08-08-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseydog (Post 2581936)
In residential neighborhoods, charcoal grills are allowed, as the risk of a fire running wild is not very high.

I guess I should have thought about that. I am in the city limits, so I'll have to check a bit more into it.:caked:

I guess I just get ahead of myself and don't think when it comes to something interrupting my grillin time.

funugy 08-08-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownHomeQue (Post 2581943)
I say wet the yard down good.. and cook on! lol .. They won't catch you trust me..

Not really worried about getting caught. I could always play dumb and being in a small town I know most of the cops that would be stopping by, and none of them have turned down any of my food yet. I always thought bans only included open fires, not BBQ's, but I was informed of this by my 10 year old son. He read it in the local paper, darn skoolz teachin readin an stuph, and I don't wanna be a bad example, he's still young enough to think I'm innocent and can't do wrong.:becky::laugh:

Smokeat 08-08-2013 04:52 PM

This is a perfect "Teachable Moment". Your son needs to learn to resist authority. He needs to know that people that make laws are not always thinking of "your" best interests. Enjoy that BBQ.

caseydog 08-08-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funugy (Post 2581950)
Not really worried about getting caught. I could always play dumb and being in a small town I know most of the cops that would be stopping by, and none of them have turned down any of my food yet. I always thought bans only included open fires, not BBQ's, but I was informed of this by my 10 year old son. He read it in the local paper, darn skoolz teachin readin an stuph, and I don't wanna be a bad example, he's still young enough to think I'm innocent and can't do wrong.:becky::laugh:

In Texas State Parks, during a burn ban, any source of flame must have a knob that can turn the flame off immediately -- such as a propane stove or gas lantern.

The reason I know so much about burn bans is because i have been an avid camper for a long time. Nothing like showing up at a campground in the wintertime, and finding out you can't have a campfire. :doh:

I'll post this again for the Texas brethren...

http://tfsfrp.tamu.edu/wildfires/DecBan.png

CD

Bludawg 08-08-2013 04:57 PM

We have had Bans for the last 5 yrs due to drought. I live so far in the sticks I do as I please( responsibly) if the VFD shows up I hope they bring Beer:-P

Happy Hapgood 08-08-2013 04:59 PM

Just offer the enforcer a delicious plate of your BBQ. ;D

SmittyJonz 08-08-2013 05:01 PM

Grill in the garage with door open of course - I have during sleet storm

caseydog 08-08-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bludawg (Post 2581975)
We have had Bans for the last 5 yrs due to drought. I live so far in the sticks I do as I please( responsibly) if the VFD shows up I hope they bring Beer:-P

Are you in Coryell or Hamilton county? One has a ban going, and the other doesn't.

CD

John Bowen 08-08-2013 05:16 PM

I would suggest act like you didn't know about the ban but I think about that TV commerical where the dad is driving the family in the car and gets pulled over by the police . When the dad is ask "do you know how fast you were going?" - the dad says that he doesn't know and the son in the back yells out "you were going 85"!

Bludawg 08-08-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseydog (Post 2581983)
Are you in Coryell or Hamilton county? One has a ban going, and the other doesn't.

CD

I pay taxes in both counties just depends on where I'm standing:biggrin1:

Jhaworth 08-15-2013 05:30 PM

Crank it up!