The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Bashes (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Any interest in a SW bash? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256212)

Pig_Farmer 01-18-2018 09:56 PM

Any interest in a SW bash?

I was wanting to put out some feelers out to the South West Brethren if there was any interest in getting a bash together. Maybe a fall bash somewhere in NM or AZ.

ShadowDriver 01-18-2018 11:07 PM

Sounds great!

Pig_Farmer 01-19-2018 08:02 AM

Ok. So it sounds like it's you and me Shadow :grin:

The Texas bash sounds like a blast but it is so far away. I'm kind of thinking October time frame would be good. Weather is usually nice that time of year. Maybe I should post this in Q talk also. What do you think?

ShadowDriver 01-19-2018 09:31 AM

I'd be interested in doing something this Spring, if possible. October sounds great, but I honestly don't know my schedule that far out in advance.

I'm trying to make it to TX in March, but I'm not sure that my schedule will work.

Yeah, a "teaser" post over in QTalk with a link to this spot is a good idea... see if we can drum up any more interest.

Cheers!

Pig_Farmer 01-19-2018 09:58 AM

Spring would be tough for me. My son is graduating HS and plenty af plannig to do. We'll figure something out.

frognot 01-20-2018 02:00 PM

It's sometimes hard getting that first bash going but don't get frustrated. The Texas bashes took years to get going and started small but once we got going they have really taken off.

Don't know if 16Adams has seen this thread so maybe PM him.

FrkYrPrk 01-20-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer (Post 3936352)
Ok. So it sounds like it's you and me Shadow :grin:

The Texas bash sounds like a blast but it is so far away. I'm kind of thinking October time frame would be good. Weather is usually nice that time of year. Maybe I should post this in Q talk also. What do you think?

I'm up for it. I'm already committed for Oct 6th - 14th, crewing for the balloon fiasco. Any time before or after works...

aerotech11 01-20-2018 03:02 PM

I would be interested depending on the date. Usually the spring is a busy travel time for my work. But definitely interested. Let's see where this goes as fat as planning. Great idea though.

Pig_Farmer 01-20-2018 05:27 PM

Where do you guys think a good location would be? Are the other bashes a camping deal or just a day event?

aerotech11 01-20-2018 07:12 PM

I'm not sure what the other bashes do as far as a camping thing or a day event. I'd be up for either. An overnight would be cool then we could cover all three meals. I know you guys got some great recipes for breakfast lunch and dinner. As far as location. depending on who comes from where but if it is California Az and NM. Somewhere in the middle would be good.

ShadowDriver 01-20-2018 10:46 PM

Usually some folks turn it into a whole weekend, and others just make it a day-event.
Completely understandable on both fronts.

Guess we need to do some more research on the parks and such in the Gallup area(?). Otherwise, I'm a huge fan of the ABQ area...

Maybe something in the Cibola National Forest?

Pig_Farmer 01-21-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerotech11 (Post 3937261)
I'm not sure what the other bashes do as far as a camping thing or a day event. I'd be up for either. An overnight would be cool then we could cover all three meals. I know you guys got some great recipes for breakfast lunch and dinner. As far as location. depending on who comes from where but if it is California Az and NM. Somewhere in the middle would be good.

Aerotech, I'm a fan of Az in the fall. Do you know of a good place in eastern Az.

Pig_Farmer 01-21-2018 08:39 AM

Islets lakes & RV park?

FrkYrPrk 01-21-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer (Post 3937488)
Aerotech, I'm a fan of Az in the fall. Do you know of a good place in eastern Az.

I have fond childhood memories of Woods Canyon Lake. Roosevelt Lake may be another option. That's a long haul from Clovis, though. How about Silver City or Reserve?
Isleta isn't conducive to adult beverages...

aerotech11 01-21-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer (Post 3937488)

I can do some research to any Far East sites in AZ. I usually go up north Greer Spingerville area which are very nice. Also have been to the Blue river area which do have campgrounds and right on the border of Az and NM. I can do some more digging.