• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Green Drum..."Maiden Smoke"

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here 'tis folks...mods completed and first smoke.

BigGreenDrum002.jpg

BigGreenDrum003.jpg

BigGreenDrum001.jpg

BigGreenDrum006.jpg

BigGreenDrum007.jpg

You cant call that an ugly drum smoker, its down right pertty. I really like the way you did the air intakes, looks much better than the ball valves and Im sure it functions just as good. Great job.

Damn, I hate being at work..............photobucket gets blocked here. I'll have to wait till I get home. Maybe since I'm at work I should be working not trying to look at pics of smoking drums.

Nice job on the UDS! Something to hold the Maverick is my next project. Thanks for the pics.

Wow!! That's weird. The pics showed up, but I lost them again. That is one sweet drum JD. The green drum fits right in with the greeness of your beautiful yard!!

Would you mind if I borrowed your vent idea? I really like it. You can really use fine adjustment that way! It's a beaut!!

By the way, were the SJ and SJP misbehaving and got themselves sent to the time out kennel?:wink:

Looks great JD!! I had the same idea on the hole covers, but didn't think about the bend for the handle. DUH:roll: Thanks for sharing. That screw head above the cover must be for holding the firebox?

By the way, were the SJ and SJP misbehaving and got themselves sent to the time out kennel?:wink:

Was thinking the same thing! You having illegal cooker fights out there?

Drum looks pretty sweet by the way!

drum looks real ugly but I bet that bird tastes real good

smoke on brother

Beautiful color <- leprechaun mod

I like the simple solution you came up for the bottom vents. Very elegant.

The pass-through hole for the thermometer probe: did you reinforce it with an eyelet or a rivnut? Or is it just a drilled out hole?

Wow!! That's weird. The pics showed up, but I lost them again. That is one sweet drum JD. The green drum fits right in with the greeness of your beautiful yard!!

Would you mind if I borrowed your vent idea? I really like it. You can really use fine adjustment that way! It's a beaut!!

Thanks Bob...borrow away bro...it's not patented...yet!:twisted:

Back