• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Whole Hog where to buy

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Does anyone on the site know where to buy whole hogs in the Tuscaloosa or Birmingham Alabama area. Come on don't be shy your out there somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p

Are there any ethnic markets in the area? Hispanic or Asian markets are sometimes the best places to look and often have the best prices. Is there a livestock sales barn near you? If so talk to them, tell them what you want, they may be able to steer you in the right direction.

Go to any Publix in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham and tell the meat mgr you want to order a whole pig. They are dressed and come in frozen. They should be able to get you any sizes from 35-70lbs. Not sure of the current price though.
They can order them 3 days a week on their frozen truck.
They are availalble all year long. If you have any problems ordering one at the store, let me know.
Let's just say I have connections :wink:

You can also check out the local high school's FFA program or a 4H program. We always have extra animals that we raise without hormones or antibiotics. They will also be able to put you in touch with a local butchet.

Go to any Publix in Tuscaloosa or Birmingham and tell the meat mgr you want to order a whole pig. They are dressed and come in frozen. They should be able to get you any sizes from 35-70lbs. Not sure of the current price though.
They can order them 3 days a week on their frozen truck.
They are availalble all year long. If you have any problems ordering one at the store, let me know.
Let's just say I have connections :wink:

You have no idea how much I have started to appreciate Publix. I didn't realize how awesome their meat departments are and how good the prices are.

They get fresh beef heart and all kinds of different cuts that you can't get anywhere else and it's priced awesome and EXTREMELY fresh. I love it. I've actually almost stopped buying meat from Whole Foods which was my go to because it is such good meat. The Asian market is the only other place I've been getting stuff from, and that's just pork products.

And sorry I can't help with the whole hog! We get them in the fall but they are still oinking when they get dropped off at the house. Not for long after though. :wink:

I'm fattening up a couple for cookouts this summer. I'd share if you lived closer! :-D

I'm fattening up a couple for cookouts this summer. I'd share if you lived closer! :-D

Thanks Jen and I know you would

morgaj1 man I appreciate the link and you are right I can just about hit em with a rock, well maybe have to have a slingshot a big un but it is close

Thanks for all the replies there is a Publix close by too never new I could get a hog from them. You all have over achieved and I thank you all

Back