The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   pit barrel smoker (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158570)

cinmur 04-13-2013 10:57 AM

pit barrel smoker

Is there a difference between hanging meat on hooks or putting on grate or put in foil pan?

flyingbassman5 04-13-2013 11:01 AM

That's big debate surrounding the Pit Barrel Cooker.. 1000 different people will give 1001 different answers.

Do a search in the search bar below for Pit Barrel Cooker and you can find all the old debate threads when the PBC first blew up a few months ago.

16Adams 04-13-2013 11:11 AM

Yes,no,sort of,kind of,maybe,always,never,at times,sometimes etc etc. Believe it or not all of these are the correct answer. Honest, they are.

I love my PBC. I've used one hook, two hooks hanging up down and sideways. I've also used the grate. Everything has been wonderful. Not a bad cook yet.

Maybe not the best answer, but an honest one.

---k--- 04-13-2013 11:17 AM

That's for me to know and you to find out. :wink:

J-Rod 04-13-2013 11:38 AM

Use the search bar and you will find a wealth of threads which are both informative and highly entertaining to read.

BobBill 04-13-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Rod (Post 2446519)
Use the search bar and you will find a wealth of threads which are both informative and highly entertaining to read.

What search bar...or do I have to reconfig my screen?

Or does one have to subscribe to use search? If so, wastes a lot of people's time responding to repeats, seems to me.

flyingbassman5 04-13-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobBill (Post 2446539)
What search bar...or do I have to reconfig my screen?

Or does one have to subscribe to use search? If so, wastes a lot of people's time responding to repeats, seems to me.

Scroll to the bottom of the page. The bar says "Google custom search". No subscription needed.

BBQchef33 04-13-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingbassman5 (Post 2446546)
Scroll to the bottom of the page. The bar says "Google custom search". No subscription needed.

what he said..... and it searches ONLY this forum.

BobBill 04-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 2446555)
what he said..... and it searches ONLY this forum.

Hey, Thanks, never occurred to me to do that. Appreciate it. Okay, I'm not authorized!

HankB 04-13-2013 02:01 PM

I've hung ribs over the coals in my WSM and they were different from ribs smoked on a rack (above the water pan.) Whether they are better or not is a matter of personal preference. They were good.

Pitmaster T 04-13-2013 04:46 PM

What is a Pit Barrel Smoker?

RevZiLLa 04-13-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitmaster T (Post 2446700)

Someone who uses a PBC

BobBill 04-14-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitmaster T (Post 2446700)

I had same question and looked it up...PBS is a brand of UDS on the WWW. Seem okay, I took the challenge and built my own, using 30 or smaller bbl. Have enough stuff to move around in yard already and do not smoke everyday.

Elfmaze 04-14-2013 06:34 AM

Some meats need more support when cooking, thinking ribs here. I would hate to have my ribs rip in half and fall to a fire doom. Also grates allow you to do smaller things, ABT's, Wings, smoked mac and cheese.

I never liked the hooks idea. though I guess you might be able to fit more?

Pitmaster T 04-14-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfmaze (Post 2447312)
Some meats need more support when cooking, thinking ribs here. I would hate to have my ribs rip in half and fall to a fire doom. Also grates allow you to do smaller things, ABT's, Wings, smoked mac and cheese.

I never liked the hooks idea. though I guess you might be able to fit more?

So a PBC has no grate? That's silly. They need to make a PBC with BOTH a grate AND Hooks then.

I can't imagine anyone's ribs falling into the fire.... I mean, really! Somebody should buy on of these things and do some speramintin... Maybe chicken frist, then ribs... even cook one rack to see how long before it falls into the fire.

Can a PBC do a brisket? HUNG?