Weber fire start cubes...?

They work great, been using them for many years.

Paraffin wax is a petroleum bi product of the gasoline making process. Lighter fluid is a petroleum based product. Newspaper ink makes me sneeze when I read the paper, so I wonder what's in it when it burns.

Bottom line, make a fire any way you are able, cook THEN eat.

I used to use them ALL the time but now just occasionally because i use a torch more often....they are handy though. I never used the chimney with them but rather put one in the edge of the basket buried a little, light it and open the vents. It doesn't take long for a good fire and you save a step

Kamado Joe also makes some really good fire starters. They burn a little longer than the Weber Cubes and are cheaper....:wink:

I have used the Weber cubes for years and still have a few boxes, but if I use a small starter I use the Kamado Joe starters now. But for starting the Kamado's, I use a Looftlighter all of the time.

Just got 3 boxes from amazon.com...use them under a chimmey...no more burned paper flying around

Home Depot in my town has them. I have noticed Wal Mart picking up some Weber inventory this year so check there too. I originally ordered a case online through Ace Hardware many years ago. These things are awesome in a gravity fed smoker like Stumps. Shove them in from bottom and light so you don't have to dump charcoal chute after each cook to light it.

I never had any problems with using news paper. Since I already have the news paper on hand I don't see the need to buy any thing else.

Back